RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X-Men the very first one. That scene in black and white at the beginning where Erik is separated from his parents.

I’ll have to watch it again. Been so log I don’t remember much beyond Wolverine cage-fighting and a final fight with Ray Park as Toad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spider-Man: Into The Spider Verse

It was great. Strong storyline, some emotional moments, and lots of action.

Loved it too. I hope more people (adults) give it a chance and not dismiss it as “just for kids”. It had some really good themes going on, it’s pretty damn funny and has strong character work. Plus, it looks AMAZING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Venom (2018) - 7/10

Surprisingly decent. Hardy was actually pretty cool in the role.

Willow (1988) - 7.5/10

Still holds up quite well. A great cast, great score, charming practical effects and pretty exciting finale.

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) - 8/10

Another one that still holds up. Solid from beginning to end.

PREDATOR (1987) - 9/10

An absolute classic.

Venom (2018) - 7/10

Surprisingly decent. Hardy was actually pretty cool in the role.

Willow (1988) - 7.5/10

Still holds up quite well. A great cast, great score, charming practical effects and pretty exciting finale.

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) - 8/10

Another one that still holds up. Solid from beginning to end.

PREDATOR (1987) - 9/10

An absolute classic.
I watched Willow again recently, and I'm sorry to say our experiences were very different. I wanted to like it, I really did, as a matter of fact, I almost purchased it, I'm glad now that I rented instead. I think the worst part for me were the brownies, they were so irritating that it was hard to enjoy anything that happened within 5 minutes of their screen time. Luckily they mostly disappeared in the final 1/3 of the movie. I think there was a decent movie in there somewhere, but Howard/Lucas just seemed to sabotage it every chance they got. ...and the Trolls... the Trolls! Barely looked better than a guy in a cheap gorilla costume. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah the troll designs were very uninspired. Sorry to hear that you didn't like it but I'd say you're in majority on this one. Even though it was an obvious attempt to be another "Star Wars" it definitely only resonated with a small fraction of the audience like myself.

I still like Willow. Nostalgia may play a big role in that. Objectively great music though.....k maybe not objectively if you're one of the people who has to insist that James Horner was a self-plagiarist. I just happen to think most film composers are pretty much self-plagiarists.

I still like Willow. Nostalgia may play a big role in that. Objectively great music though.....k maybe not objectively if you're one of the people who has to insist that James Horner was a self-plagiarist. I just happen to think most film composers are pretty much self-plagiarists.
They are, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Saving Mr Banks (as a Disney fan) 10/10.....but still a 8.7/10 for most folks.
PLexworthy: yes
Rewatchability 8/10

Some incredible performances highlight the true tragic story about the origins of Mary Poppins and the struggle to bring a film adaption to screen. Hanks give us a great peek into the work life of Walt Disney, and the sad life of PL Travers. You will never look at Mary Poppins the same.

Lords of Chaos 8 out of 10

I am not a black / death Metal fan but this was an interesting "based on a true story" movie.

Some very brutal violent parts in this film. But funny at times.

IDK. Not for everyone but I liked it.

Follow it up with Until the light takes Us. Documentary about all this stuff.

GoldenEye (1995) - 8/10

So glad that Netflix just added this to their roster of Bond flicks, I freaking love this movie! Sure it drags in spots, Sean Bean's death is comically over the top and the miniatures used for the MiG crashing into the radar dish were straight out of a Toho Godzilla flick but otherwise this movie absolutely rocks from beginning to end! :rock

Brosnan is a straight up badass and it just might have the two sexiest Bond chicks out of the entire series (for me.) This movie has kind of a shockingly high body count and the tank chase is just as superb as it was 24 years ago. Too bad I really didn't enjoy any of Brosnan's other flicks but at last he'll always have this one.

I didn't even realize until now that the director Martin Campbell also helmed Jackie Chan's "The Foreigner" a couple years back. No surprise because I thoroughly enjoyed that one too.

Back