RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aquaman

charismatic leads but a snorefest of a story (literally, I nodded off for 10-15 minutes in the middle act) that highlights the massive gap between DC and Marvel movies /10

Overlord - 7 out of 10 - Pretty good little war / horror movie. Go into it expecting more war with a dash of horror and you can have fun. Plus Kurt Russel's son is in it and he looks and sounds so much like Kurt I could not help but get a little exta enjoyment out of that.

Spider-man: into the spider-verse

Smartly told, spectacularly rendered, cleverly designed, well paced romp of an animated flick/10

I watched it - I liked the animation style, nicely done - wasn't fond of the story though - a certain few elements were way too out there for me - even for Spiderman.

I watched it - I liked the animation style, nicely done - wasn't fond of the story though - a certain few elements were way too out there for me - even for Spiderman.

The infinite universe does allow a lot of license and the writers took every inch of it :lol

Yeah the film wasn't that good but the trailer was one of the best I've seen. It certainly got me to buy a ticket and I was really looking forward to see it.

I didn't see the trailer... Emma Stone was enough to get me interested.

Oh gawd, where do I start on all the things I hated about this film... it had a flatline story arc, so the one-note narrative didn't really go anywhere... the only clue that a conclusion is imminent is the mind-numbing awareness that you've been sitting there for nearly 2 tedious hours. When the final shot closes on black and credits roll it's a jaw-dropping WTF moment. The cinematography was beautiful in parts, but the wide-angle shots fulfilled no dramatic purpose and ended up feeling gimmicky (echoes of Go-Pro Hobbits) - as did the score. It was a movie that tried to pull all the clever, "arty" levers that many cinema critics clearly loved, but at the end of it was a tired story told through excellent performances of characters we don't give a toss about.

I still love Emma Stone.

Yeah I found The Favourite a bit of a snorefest - so, very much the traditional Oscar nominee.

For some reason I subjected myself to Revenge of the Sith last night - 2/10

As bad as I remembered. I believe the last time I tried to watch it was as far back as 2013. I don't understand how anyone can regard this as the best of the prequels let alone on a par with ROTJ or a Disney era SW film. Even the best scenes are ruined by some stupid piece of dialogue, stunted line delivery or cartoon special effects. Just an awful film from beginning to end.

Yeah I found The Favourite a bit of a snorefest - so, very much the traditional Oscar nominee.

For some reason I subjected myself to Revenge of the Sith last night - 2/10

As bad as I remembered. I believe the last time I tried to watch it was as far back as 2013. I don't understand how anyone can regard this as the best of the prequels let alone on a par with ROTJ or a Disney era SW film. Even the best scenes are ruined by some stupid piece of dialogue, stunted line delivery or cartoon special effects. Just an awful film from beginning to end.

giphy.gif

A Star is Born - 6/10

Like a lot of relationships, the first half was much more enjoyable than the second.

Over long, overstuffed, but even with a great deal of editing, not sure if I would have found it more entertaining. But can't deny that being over quicker would have been a relief.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back