RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Cabin in the Woods - 9/10

Fantasic movie a great horror. If anything it was more comedy than horror in my opinion. Still regardless an awesome movie had a good time even the wife enjoyed it. So off the wall, it basically takes from a bunch of different movies and compiles it all together in a nice little story that worked.

Underrated? Really? Never got that vibe. Pollock is one of my fave films.

PLUS he was in Creepshow, and was hilarious in that.

Maybe not so much underrated, as underused. I rarely see him in big flicks.

I know he's working with Bay again for his next flick. That's about all I know of his upcoming work.

Thor - 9.5/10
Saved my favourite pre-Avenger movie for last. Now I'm ready to see The Avengers on Wednesday! :rock :woo :yess:

There Will Be Blood ... 7/10. Acting was phenomenal, plot was slightly above average. Bit of a weird movie, actually. Almost like Godfather II in that a stubborn, greedy, megalomaniac does everything he can to alienate everyone he can. Interaction between Lewis and the preacher kid reminded me of Gran Torino -- except Walt Kowalski wasn't quite as much of an ass.

Used to get it confused with No Country for Old Men -- two semi-westerns (one modern western, one 19th/early 20th non-western) in one Oscar season. No Country was significantly better, though.

SnakeDoc

"Cabin in the Woods"... 6/10

Interesting and fun but there is too much fuss over how great the film was...

I liked "Tucker and Dale" better...

"Dog Fight"... 7/10

Really sweet movie...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTPkLUf9c10[/ame]

Captain America(2nd Viewing): 7/10

Decided to give this another try tonight, but there's just some things that are really off on it. This is definitely the worst pre-avengers film in my opinion.

The worst things about it are the design, poor CGI and the wonky physics of the film (at one point cap jumps off a 5 story tank only to fly through the air like a campy 70's action movie). The fight scenes were almost ruined by the cartoony physics when Cap punches or kicks a bad guy. The amount of half assed rendered green screen is pretty sad too. LOTR has better green screen and it's a decade old. And the whole "Hydra" (I think that's how it's spelled) side of the design was so blah. Would have been a lot cooler to just stick with regular guns for the soldiers and keep one blasters for Red Skull to use. I thought his pistol was pretty cool.

The movie had so much potential and failed on most of the parts. A classic example of how the trailer can be cooler than the movie.

Other than that, I really liked the villains and the story. But Cap was, overall a disappointment for me. Which is weird because I thought Thor would have been the hardest for me to buy into. But it's actually one of my favorites.

Back