RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

The Fighter - 7/10. Bale was great as was most of the cast but Mark Wahlberg kept the movie from being great imo. I just didn't buy his take on the character. I've seen clips of the real fighter and he seems like a soft spoken, humble type of a guy (which would make sense since he has such strong personalities in his family).

Wahlberg just went into his default tough squinting guy routine.

Does anyone else think Marky Mark is an overrated actor or is it just me?

The Fighter - 7/10. Bale was great as was most of the cast but Mark Wahlberg kept the movie from being great imo. I just didn't buy his take on the character. I've seen clips of the real fighter and he seems like a soft spoken, humble type of a guy (which would make sense since he has such strong personalities in his family).

Wahlberg just went into his default tough squinting guy routine.

Does anyone else think Marky Mark is an overrated actor or is it just me?

That's odd because I remember him in Boogie Nights and in that film Wahlberg's character (Dirk Diggler) was very soft-spoken and passive for the most part. And in Shymalan's The Happening Wahlberg did the same thing, almost.

Carrie 8.5/10. This movie showed how cruel and heartless some humans can be. "Carrie" hit home to me because I was a loner in HS for the most part and for some reason scum doesn't like for you to do you and for you to just be happy. I had no problem defending myself in HS though. I just couldn't believe those kids went out of their way to torment and embarrass Carrie just because she was different. All I have to say is that payback and karmas a _____.

A Clockwork Orange: 10/10

One of my all time favourites. I can't hold myself to a 'fave film ever' but this is often the main contender.

The avatar is Willard from the beginning of Apocalypse Now and the Sig is from the end when he's flipping through Kurtz's notes, it reads "drop the bomb, exterminate them all" Then the last line aside from the horror, is them calling Willard "PBR streetgang this is almighty over" But we never see if Willard does kill them.

If you haven't seen it, go rent it right now!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CxENJ2LwecY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CxENJ2LwecY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

My favorite film, I even got my helicopter pilots license after seeing it when i was younger.

The avatar is Willard from the beginning of Apocalypse Now and the Sig is from the end when he's flipping through Kurtz's notes, it reads "drop the bomb, exterminate them all"

If you haven't seen it, go rent it right now!

My favorite film, I even got my helicopter pilots license after seeing it when i was younger.

AH! I see it now. GREAT film.

You have a helicopter licence? Awesome.

Dances With Wolves (Director's Cut): 10/10 Almost 4 hrs of film, but definitely worth it! A beautiful story!! :rock :rock :rock

Dances With Wolves (Director's Cut): 10/10 Almost 4 hrs of film, but definitely worth it! A beautiful story!! :rock :rock :rock

Nice. I haven't seen that one in a long time.

~~We went to see the Tourist last night. 6/10 It's not a bad movie, but it's quite boring and doesn't introduce anything that hasn't been seen. I will say though that Angelina was looking much better in this movie than she did in Salt. I'm quite disappointed in Johnny Depp with this movie. I think it's because I've grown so accustomed to seeing him as Jack Sparrow that anything else is underwhelming.

Children of Men - 8/10
The Book of Eli - 8/10

Good movies to watch back to back.

True Grit - 7.5/10 - A solid western, better than the original. The girl stole the movie and Bridges bested the Duke.

Session 9 - 7/10 - Decent low budget horror story in the same vein as The Shining.

Triangle - 6/10 - Was a interesting movie that tried to be a bit full of itself. A Nexflix Recommendation!

True Grit - 7.5/10. In first version, I was watching John Wayne do his stuff (albeit with an eyepatch). Enjoyable, but Wayne's persona dominated. In this newer version, I was watching Rooster Cogburn himself. And Damon's take on LaBeouf was a good balance to both Mattie and Rooster. Ensemble acting good all around.

The King's Speech - 9.5/10. Again, great ensemble acting all around. Rush kept it really tight and provided an excellent counter to Firth. Bonham-Carter finally getting out of the bigger-than-life, over-the-top characters and revisiting the subtlety of performance she has been capable of. Colin Firth cannot do a poor acting job IMO. If he doesn't win Best Actor Oscar for this, there is no justice in this world.

True grit 7.5/10.Good movie.Never saw the original though.

From Russia with Love: 6/10

Goldfinger: 7.5/10

Quantum of Solace: 6/10

Goldeneye: 8/10

Back