RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Immmmmmmmmmm sorry Mr Shickadance, I thought you were somebody else...

Funniest movie ever

My opinion is that yes...the end showed that he absolutely was intended to be.

But the rest of the movie went way too far to cover it up.

Edit - And it seemed to me that that revelation had zero impact/power in the end because of it. But I found that message easy to look beyond. The movie was still great even without that part working.

Wow. People really missed the point...

After watching The Book of Eli again...it seems to me that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Well? If you are so insightful...help us poor dumb people out.

There are subtle hints throughout the movie. For example towards the beginning when he goes in the house where he eats the cat he feels his way along the shelf and is knocking against plates. This seemed odd to me at the time, but I kind of forgot about it until later.

So, he was
Spoiler Spoiler:

When Gary Oldman says "He can't be!!!" and they pan up to show the pages, and I suddenly realized the implication, I became overwhelmed with emotion. Utterly overwhelmed.

The point of this reveal is that it suddenly becomes obvious that nothing he did on screen could be done under his own power. He already seemed to have superhuman abilities, but when we find out the truth about Eli's condition, the nature and origin of those abilities become clear. Makes me think of this:

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

- 2 Corinthians 12:10 [Webster's Bible Translation]

For which cause I please myself in my infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ. For when I am weak, then am I powerful.

- 2 Corinthians 12:10 [Douay-Rheims Bible]

"Wherefore I am well pleased in infirmities, in damages, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses -- for Christ; for whenever I am infirm, then I am powerful."

- 2 Corinthians 12:10 [Young's Literal Translation]

The point was he had faith and all that crap. He had the power of god on his side. Good for him. A badass doesnt need anyone's help! Especially god! :D

-__-

Last edited:

that being said, him trying to get out of the fake rhino is one of the funniest things that I have ever seen to this day!

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/G7LrMoLba0c?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/G7LrMoLba0c?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

"Kinda hot in these rhinoooos."

WHAAARM!!! :rotfl

There are subtle hints throughout the movie. For example towards the beginning when he goes in the house where he eats the cat he feels his way along the shelf and is knocking against plates. This seemed odd to me at the time, but I kind of forgot about it until later.

So, he was
Spoiler Spoiler:

When Gary Oldman says "He can't be!!!" and they pan up to show the pages, and I suddenly realized the implication, I became overwhelmed with emotion. Utterly overwhelmed.

The point of this reveal is that it suddenly becomes obvious that nothing he did on screen could be done under his own power. He already seemed to have superhuman abilities, but when we find out the truth about Eli's condition, the nature and origin of those abilities become clear. Makes me think of this:

-__-

Fair enough...and in the end...

Spoiler Spoiler:

should have been enough for me to figure that out. But I still think that some of his actions went too far to mask that detail and damped the overall impact of the revelation...at least to me. Hell...they completely made me miss it.

Once again, though...great movie, regardless.

Exam 8/10

Pontypool 7.5/10

I love thrillers that utilize a single room as the setting for most of the entire running time i.e. like Cube, Saw, Devil, etc etc so after reading a feature on single-room flicks, I sought out Exam and Pontypool. Both were great watches that take advantage of limited space and budget without coming off as cheap stage plays. Pontypool especially works well as a low-key horror movie.

GREMLINS 10/10

Awesome xmas movie, one of the very best!!!

I was saying to my partner as we watched it that they really don't make em like this anymore :(

Shutter Island: 7/10

Pretty good. Although I must say that I thought it dragged on a bit too long. I mean, I could totally see where this was headed, and by the hour and a half point I was ready for it to start wrapping up. If it was tightened up a little bit more, it would have really been great.

RIVERSIDE MOTHER _____**R

I say that all the time now that I finally watched it!! :lol
I love how he just caps the "Ma-ri-con" and then just walks away with his gangsta lean!!

And yeah...it also reminded me alot of my hood growing up in the Bronx!

I'm gonna change my rating to an 8/10 :lol

---------------------

Amelie:8/10

Planet 51: 8/10 Great animation!

The Expendables: 8/10 I liked it more now on Blu, than I did in the theatre. Probably because I knew what to expect now!! Definitely a good action film!!! :rock :rock :rock

The Book of Eli - 8/10

Finally got to watch it! Really enjoyed it as I love Oldman and Stevenson. Of course everyone else delivered a solid performance as well, and a Tom Waits cameo? Always gold.

People are really not picking up on him being blind? Are those people blind? Did they not watch the same movie as me?

Back