RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Tron Legacy - 6/10

Tron Legacy IMAX 3D - 9/10 - Had to dock it a point for...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the CGI on Clu was distracting throughout for me. Really distracting. They have still not figured out how to make a real human face with CGI that doesn't look creepy.

Tron Legacy IMAX 3D - 10/10

Whoever doesn't like this movie is sipping on that Haterade and just trying to be different....And/or is a Tron 1 fanboy!

Whatever. I'm neither. If I like a movie I'm proud of it regardless if it's loved or hated by the masses.

For me it was Style waaaay over substance. I haven't expended one second of time thinking about it after leaving. I just felt nothing from this movie. :dunno

TRON Legacy - 6/10
Good effects, AWESOME soundtrack, great acting from Jeff Bridges, but the story was severely lacking. Too much taken directly from Star Wars, Matrix, Lord of the Rings, and Batman Begins.

Yep, you mentioned the 3 things this movie has going for it.

For me it was Style waaaay over substance. I haven't expended one second of time thinking about it after leaving. I just felt nothing from this movie. :dunno

You've just described...

alice_in_wonderland_ver7.jpg

You newbs can't just throw a number up there. Type out a reason why.

It's Tron. That's all there is to be known. :lol

Why was it awesome? The last 30 minutes of the movie kicked ass so much. The acting from Bridges is great, Sam plays the typical 80's badass gruff kid, which I liked....tons of nods to the original, and the best score in recent memory.

Not to mention the best use of 3D ever, and the coolest effects i've ever seen.

The Town, essentially a shorter Heat, but pretty good, 8/10

I also watched this last night. Enjoyed it. 8/10 for me also.

With this, Affleck almost redeems himself for his past transgressions in film (Gigli, ugh).

Finally saw Taken. 7/10. Good flick, but plot holes big enough to drive a tank through.

Tron Legacy 10/10

I loved every second of it and can't wait to own the blu-ray. :rock

You've just described...

alice_in_wonderland_ver7.jpg

Yes there was a lot of "style" in AIW, but it also moved me. And it had a lot to say.

It is a movie about believing the "impossible". Believing in yourself. Finding strength you didn't know you had. Being willing to go against peoples expectations for you.

I've had this hanging in my bathroom for years and I look at it every day:

P1060610.jpg

So, AIW was bound to move me, as that phrase was the heart of the film.

What was the message of TRON LEGACY? :dunno

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: 7/10
I didn't really like this movie when I first saw it, but I enjoyed it much more this time. Probably helps that I haven't read the books recently which likely made the film hard to judge on its own. It seems like overall the films work pretty well if you don't consider how much is lost/changed to make them into movies.

Twilight: Eclipse 5/10
Almost don't want to admit to watching it, but morbid curiosity keeps me involved until I see all 4. This one still largely sucks and has some of the worst dialog since AOTC, but I did not want to smash my head against a rock as much as I did with New Moon. Although I still don't get the logic of sparkly vampires and that when you kill them they sound like breaking glass :huh

Book of Eli: 6/10

Enjoyable movie with a few good action scenes and some good suspense, but nothing to write home about. Gary Oldman really is the king of movie bad guys.

I just now finished watching "The Book of Eli" for the first time.

Now, the post-apocolyptic theme has been done ad nauseum. But I actually enjoyed this take on it. I like Denzel Washington as an actor and Gary Oldman is a no-brainer as a villian...he always rocks even though this is far from his best work.

7/10 - I will be buying the blu-ray.

I just finished watching The Book of Eli too...8/10
Mila Kunis is HOT

Spoiler Spoiler:

Buddy of mine go back and fourth on this. He says he is 100% and I say it could go either way.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Buddy of mine go back and fourth on this. He says he is 100% and I say it could go either way.

That bugged me. It seemed like it was pulled out of the writer's butt,
Spoiler Spoiler:
"The only way that works is if he's a miracle worker" which my wife thought was the whole point.

Suddenly I felt like I had watched a big budget "Left Behind" :yuck

Also there too much about civilization that has been forgotten in the span of thirty years.

Washington is good in his role, but the writing is flawed. 6/10

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back