RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Where the Wild Things are - 9/10 (great soundtrack too. love the yeah yeah yeahs, and had no idea karen o did this one solo till i checked out the soundtrack on amazon)

I must buy this on DVD, loved it so, so much!

Nanny McPhee 6.5/10 Not quite as good a the second one, but entertaining in a good wholesome family fare kind of way.

Memorial Day double feature:

Black Hawk Down 10/10
We Were Soldiers 10/10

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 7/10

Fun but fleeting. I liked how respectfully the film handled the source material, which is a surprising and refreshing feeling when it comes to viewing movies based on video games. all too often I feel embarrassed being a fan of a video game franchise that is abused and tossed aside by Hollywood. I guess I should give some kudos to Bruckheimer and crew. I have some complaints though: The fighting sequences were too hectic in how they were cut/edited. Also, I think they could've made Dastan a bit more lively, he's too straightforward and his one-liners often come out flat.

At the very least, the film was good enough that a purchase of Hot Toys' Dastan figure is warranted for me. BUT! The outfit Hot Toys chose for their figure is not the one I want. Dastan wears a different outfit for the majority of the film, and the one the figure sports is only worn for a short time at the beginning.

DayBreakers 5/10

Only really enjoyed the first quarter or so of this movie.

The Prince of Persia....6.5 out of 10. Not a bad movie, but it certainly didn't live up to my expectations. I'm a fan of the series and I should've known better given the history of video game movies.

The Prince of Persia....6.5 out of 10. Not a bad movie, but it certainly didn't live up to my expectations. I'm a fan of the series and I should've known better given the history of video game movies.

I still think PoP is in the upper tier of video game films, if that means anything.

Prince of Persia

7.5 out of 10

If you told me after watching PoP that this was based on a video game, I'd say you were lying.
I think Jake Gyllenhaal would be great to play an adult Spider-Man, but that is a topic for another thread.

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time - 8/10

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It's a good popcorn flick that doesn't require much thought.......and one of the better video game films.

Still love this movie and even at home (not in 3D) its still looks great and is very enjoyable. Its not poetry or even that original, but still just very well done. Its nearly a 10/10 but there is some lag when you get into Jake's training.

But, man... that ending credits song is just awful. I had mercifully forgotten about it until the movie ended :lol

The Heartbreak Kid: 7/10 Had some fun moments that made me laugh out loud, but overall a not too special comedy. Just a fun watch.

pitch black (directors cut) - 9.5/10

Back