RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen it three times now. Just someting I feel like comin' back to while havin' irresistible desire for "The Thing" kind of movie but don't want to revisit the classic. That's right, I don't like to revisit movies I love more than once per four years. :lol

Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) - 6/10. Special effects are horribly dated in comparison to the first two films (practical effects ftw), but it was decent.

Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) - 6/10. Special effects are horribly dated in comparison to the first two films (practical effects ftw), but it was decent.

There was only one shot in the entire film that was CGI (the cracks that formed on the Xenomorph's dome.) The rest were practical. The full grown Xenomorph that many people mistakenly assume was CGI was actually a poorly composited rod puppet.

Ghostbusters (1984... I hate I now have to specify which version...) - 9/10

A film that succeeds in what it set out to do. Some dodgy stop motion with the Terror Dog chasing Louis, but still has a charm about it.

Ghostbusters (1984... I hate I now have to specify which version...)

dSixAj7.gif

:wave

The Dark Tower 6/10.. not knowing anything about the story found it was quite interesting.I was surprised that it was so much like a comic book with the multi verse and travel to alt worlds.
6 because with all the power the Man in Black possessed,and the Gunslinger having dealt with him evidently for so long,the Story felt rushed like they needed to get to the end.
at least we had good actors.

Our view on Ratings are very different, for me, a 6 would be a decent, average film that had little or no impact On me, yet I enjoyed enough to feel somewhat entertained.

There was only one shot in the entire film that was CGI (the cracks that formed on the Xenomorph's dome.) The rest were practical. The full grown Xenomorph that many people mistakenly assume was CGI was actually a poorly composited rod puppet.

Never knew that, thanks! In retrospect, the puppet itself did look good, but yeah, the compositing and weirdness in lighting threw it off.

All those awful running shots were not CGI???? Did they use a computer for composite......

If its composite of that timeframe then they screwed it up bad......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chemical composite of the puppet over the footage itself.

They didn't screw up, they did the best they could with a far from perfect technique and the studio breathing down their necks.

Chemical composite of the puppet over the footage itself.

They didn't screw up, they did the best they could with a far from perfect technique and the studio breathing down their necks.

By they , I mean the studio....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't wanna sound like a snob but production studio and the one that makes FX aren't the same thing.
Production studio rarely gives a **** about visual quality after prepro.

Don't wanna sound like a snob but production studio and the one that makes FX aren't the same thing.
Production studio rarely gives a **** about visual quality after prepro.

Indeed, and you do not sound anything like a snob.

If I remember that was a FOX picture?

Execs are usually the reason movies fail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alien Covenant. IMO disjointed; the little white aliens looked like those toady critters from Guardians of the Galaxy 2, just plain silly in places with predictable ending. Felt like a mash up of Die Hard and Gabriel del Toro. Spores? Really? Like fairy dust! What happened to plain 'ol Alien eggs and like, a bit of time before some bad-tempered toothy slime puppy pops out? Now it's insta-critter!

And stupidity everywhere! At least Prometheus had some creepiness as well as stupidity. Leapin' lizards, it's those raptors from Juassic Park!
And if the lizards ate EVERY bit of meat on a planet, then what have they been surviving on? (Of course, that bothered me with the squid baby in Prometheus too that got so big with NO FOOD but I guess I should UNDERSTAND it's 'coz they're ALIEN)

Anyway don't think I'm supposed to laugh during an Alien movie and should appreciate the political correctness of the guy/guy Ai stuff but plz let me go back to Ripley and Ash and Newt and a genuinely terrifying creature. Am so done. 4 out of 10.

10 Cloverfield Lane: Why did I wait so long to watch this/10

really great, suspenseful flick. really liked how it ended.

I thought the "alien" involvement felt like it was just tacked-on, but I get it... it's a Cloverfield movie so it needed some sci fi to it. The story would still work if the sounds they heard overhead were from the military.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie.

Once Upon a Time ( 三生三世十里桃花 ) - 7.5/10

The ending didn't make sense, but overall it was fun. The visuals were really nice.

I thought the "alien" involvement felt like it was just tacked-on, but I get it... it's a Cloverfield movie so it needed some sci fi to it. The story would still work if the sounds they heard overhead were from the military.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie.

Agreed. I hated how she completely destroyed the bunker too, she wouldve been set. :lol

Back