RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A suspicious amount of 6.5s in a row.

There must be some kind of conspiracy going on. :D

tumblr_njixhd1uKx1suekw5o1_500.gif

The Belko Experiment - 6/10

The Founder - 7.5/10

Criminal (2016) - 5/10

The Ghost (1963) - 7/10

Nightmare Castle - 6/10

A Ghost Story - 7.5/10

Extinction (2015) - 3/10

The Aftermath (1982) - 7/10

Horror Planet - 6/10

Creature (1985) - 6/10

:lol

Sad, I've waited most of my life to see a movie adaption of The Gunslinger. The weekend it finally opened, I chose a small art film instead.

The Dark Tower.....still wrestling internally to give it an actual score.

I saw this last weekend by myself. I have read the book series twice all the way through (The Gunslinger probably 10 times) and this film version is just not my Dark Tower. It is not at all how I imagined the characters to look or act, nor did Mid World have the old Western/fantasy feel King described. The film is too much of an amalgamation of the story beats from the entire series to call this a true adaptation.

Yet I didn't hate the movie nearly as much as I thought I would. As a way to introduce a new audience to the story it's not horrible. It just could have been so much more. It felt cheap, but I understand the studios not willing to spend a lot on it due to the risk of even adapting it. But if they really wanted to start a franchise, I cannot believe some of the choices they made. Take the time to tell the story and introduce the characters. It was so rushed and unfocused had I not had a preexisting attachment to Roland and Jake, I do not think I would have cared for either of them in the film.

I love this story so much that seeing it on the big screen was something I never thought possible. I cannot hate this movie almost due to that in of itself. The movie just felt rushed and cheap. I think I would have to give it a 6.5/10. While it's not unwatchable, it is not what it could (or should) of been.

The Dark Tower 6/10.. not knowing anything about the story found it was quite interesting.I was surprised that it was so much like a comic book with the multi verse and travel to alt worlds.
6 because with all the power the Man in Black possessed,and the Gunslinger having dealt with him evidently for so long,the Story felt rushed like they needed to get to the end.
at least we had good actors.

Moana - 5/10. Really good water and magma animations. Overall film seemed rather derivative and forgettable, though. Plot was standard cookie cutter Disney. Moana's character model and expressions reminded me way too much of Rapunzel. I felt like I'd heard one of the songs before. Chicken was plain annoying and not as lovable as I hoped it would be. It was decent for passing the time but I wouldn't see it again.

Harbinger Down - I should of watched The Thing again/10
It's that indie movie with Lance Henriksen right? I forgot that one existed, I remember looking forward to it during the kickstarter campaign, but completely forgot about it.

Let me guess, all the money went to the practical FX and none of it to the script.

It's that indie movie with Lance Henriksen right? I forgot that one existed, I remember looking forward to it during the kickstarter campaign, but completely forgot about it.

Let me guess, all the money went to the practical FX and none of it to the script.

Or the acting :lol

It's not unexpected, the Void's acting was iffy but decent enough so it gets a pass.

I've come to like the Void after two more viewings. Not amazing, but a horror film that had the potential to be a classic.

It's better than "Leviathan", even tho most of the FX are actually terrible.
A nice low budget "retro" horror movie, even tho it needed to be more... retro.

Is it even worth viewing?

Back