RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my rating scale is based on my enjoyment of it. 5 and 6 are average, 5 being the negative side (checking my watch) and 6 being the positive side (finding the film entertaining on a basic level). A 10 means I was actively engaged and wouldn't have changed even the smallest thing. It also helps that I'm a fan of Apatow's style, though I've never given any of his films this enthusiastic of a score.

And I wouldn't bring Scorsese and Hitchcock into it. :lol Not sure there's such a thing as a canon of objective good. For instance, I think Citizen Kane is an 8 at best. Great performances, groundbreaking cinematography and a decent story, but it did drag somewhat for me. Some scenes were electric and others, not so much.

I'm just messing with you. Funny that you mention the "canon of objective good" because I just gave Clown Prince a long lecture advising him that with movies there is no such thing. :lol

BvS Ultimate Edition - 9/10.

200.gif

Quest for Fire (1981) - 5/10

Can you imagine a two hour caveman drama with no dialogue or subtitles being greenlit for theatrical release today? I do confess to not watching all of it. I fast forwarded through a good 45 minutes or so of the middle of the movie. I could still see what was happening but it's not like I missed any dialogue. Overall the film was okay but definitely not my thing.

Can you imagine a two hour caveman drama with no dialogue or subtitles being greenlit for theatrical release today? I do confess to not watching all of it. I fast forwarded through a good 45 minutes or so of the middle of the movie. I could still see what was happening but it's not like I missed any dialogue. Overall the film was okay but definitely not my thing.

All I remember from that movie is Rae Dawn Chong getting "cavemanned".

All I remember from that movie is Rae Dawn Chong getting "cavemanned".

:lol Yes and I remember a kid bringing the novel to school and a bunch of us (boys and girls) reading that part like a bunch of giggling pervs. On a somewhat related note we got to watch Clash of the Titans on VHS in 5th grade and we all collectively snickered at Perseus' mom's bare boobies while our teacher obliviously graded papers. :yess:

Wow, your really on a 70's/80's kick lately, haven't thought of that film in a long time! Don't think I ever saw the whole thing either, the cannibalism part sticks out in my head the most, probably why I haven't seen it in its entirety.

Just watch Caveman ('81). More entertaining and you get dialogue like, "Atouk zug zug Lana!"

What a classic! :lol :lol

There are some movies you have to see when you're a kid. Otherwise, they're crap. The Neverending Story, apparently -- which I made the mistake of watching for the first time a couple of months ago. I'm gonna venture a guess that Caveman is on the "see it young, or not at all" list.

As an aside ... ever watch a movie that's so bad, you have to finish it? The Neverending Story is one of those. Sweet November (I was rooting for the cancer to go ahead get the job done so we could go home). Smokey & the Bandit III, also (bad, and wildly inappropriate for a PG movie). And the Nicole Kidman train wreck, To Die For ... wherein the least insufferable character was Newman from Seinfeld.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I've noticed when rewatching childhood movies that a lot of the lines are different from what I remember. It's like as a kid I didn't full understand them so I just made up words for those times lol. I just watched Beetlejuice and noticed this.

Last edited:
Batman v Superman: 7.75/10

Maybe my expectations were way lowered because of how bad it was perceived. I'm very surprised but I thought it was great! I honestly don't know why it got SUCH bad reviews. Sure, there were a few plot holes, but overall it was very entertaining, the action was great, and I thought it was a step up from Man of Steel, which I also thought was okay (minus the tornado and the neverending battle in the end). I thought the tone was good--serious but not "dark". I do have to say that Jesse Eisenberg was by far the WORST Lex portrayal ever. Who thought that performance would have been a good idea? Was the idea to have him be the comic relief of the movie? Jesse even seemed uncomfortable in his performance. Terrible. Despite that, I still thought it was great. Sad Ben Affleck has nothing to feel bad about.

Back