RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't which has always bothered me as both a Star Wars and Kurosawa fan. :lol I've coveted the Criterion blu-ray screenshots and really should just break down and buy it sight unseen as it never seems to be available to watch on cable or any on demand service.

That reminds me, I received RAN and KAGEMUSHA Criterion DVD's ages ago and never watched them, I think it's about time I popped those discs in.

All seven combined? Well the PT really brings that average down doesn't it? :lol The Maltese Falcon was okay but unless you're a die hard Bogart or private eye fan I wouldn't rank it above other milestone films from that era. Casablanca was far superior and stands the test of time much better IMO. With regard to Maltese vs Star Wars well let's just say that in this case I do agree with the American Film Institute that SW is far superior.

Hate to dredge up a few day old argument but it's nice to see you stand up against the resident film snob. I agree wholeheartedly on your rating of MF. It's nice see some challenge the status quo that if a movie is old, it must be great.

Yeah, and just because a film is popular doesn't make it inherently inferior either. There are great films in all eras, some that went relatively unnoticed, others that were instant blockbusters.

Each era has its films that are arguably overrated as well, and yes that includes even some "classics" from the 40's.

Last edited:
The Bronze - 6.75/10

Fairly funny film about a washed up, entitled Olympic Bronze Medalist who gets a second chance to make something more out of her life by coaching an up and coming Gymnast from her home town. With the exception of one scene, the laughs are mostly internal. As for that one scene, it alone makes the movie worth a rental, if you've ever wondered what sex between two gymnasts might look like, this movie provides a very funny answer to that.

It's rated R for a reason, do not let your kids watch this movie.

The Bronze - 6.75/10

Fairly funny film about a washed up, entitled Olympic Bronze Medalist who gets a second chance to make something more out of her life by coaching an up and coming Gymnast from her home town. With the exception of one scene, the laughs are mostly internal. As for that one scene, it alone makes the movie worth a rental, if you've ever wondered what sex between two gymnasts might look like, this movie provides a very funny answer to that.

It's rated R for a reason, do not let your kids watch this movie.

Ha ha Finally some one seen that crazyness.:horror:lol

Too bad she used a sexy stunt double still scarring funny movie.:lol

The Revenant - 7/10 - Jesus this movie was an hour too long. I was like, hurry up an kill Bane. Great looking scenery though.
Don't Breathe - 7/10
Extraordinary Tales - 6/10
The Hallow - 4/10 - Creepy atmosphere but b o r i n g.

What We Do in the Shadows - 7/10
giphy.gif

Kurosawa's influence stretches far & wide doesn't it - it didn't steer a young Uncle George wrong in 1977. ;)

Have you seen "The Hidden Fortress" ?

I've had the Blu of Seven Samurai for about 2 years and still haven't watched it...I've had The Hidden Fortress for about a year and haven't either lol. Also bought Red Cliff which is apparently an amazing film of the same genre, but I've only had that for about 8 months and haven't watched it :lol

Back