RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Right Stuff - 92/100. Fantastic cast, Moffat steals scenes as LBJ.

And Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 6/10 - not crap, just not as good as the other ones, a little boring in the exposition parts and a smidge too silly at times - not even talking about the fridge.

C'mon, dev, the fridge was the best part. :lol

No One Would Tell : 10/10

Cool avy. :duff

C'mon, dev, the fridge was the best part. :lol

Oh you misunderstand - I was saying that some of the things that happen (in Indiana Jones:KOTCS) were just too silly - and I wasn't even including the fridge in that. For me the most ridiculous thing that happens in the movie is when Marion drives them all off the cliff onto a tree which gently lowers them to the ground...or was it even the ground...maybe it was into a surging river...which makes it even more absurd.
Now - how is that more ridiculous than Indy surviving a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge? Because in the case of what Marion did it wasn't a last-resort act of desperation. In fact she was quite chirpy about it and did it as though she had total foreknowledge that it would work and they would all survive. At least when Indy jumped in the fridge he probably assumed he was giving himself the best chance but he was still more than likely going to die. That he didn't was indeed ridiculous if these movies were intended to be realistic but they aren't so it was fine and he, the character, can put it down to sheer luck. However Marion somehow knew that they would all survive an impossible stunt. Her laughing behaviour after they then somehow survive 3 huge waterfall drops makes her look certifiably insane.

:duff

Did PG-13 exist back then? I think PG and R may have been the only options.

No, it didn't, it was created a year later.

Oh you misunderstand - I was saying that some of the things that happen (in Indiana Jones:KOTCS) were just too silly - and I wasn't even including the fridge in that. For me the most ridiculous thing that happens in the movie is when Marion drives them all off the cliff onto a tree which gently lowers them to the ground...or was it even the ground...maybe it was into a surging river...which makes it even more absurd.
Now - how is that more ridiculous than Indy surviving a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge? Because in the case of what Marion did it wasn't a last-resort act of desperation. In fact she was quite chirpy about it and did it as though she had total foreknowledge that it would work and they would all survive. At least when Indy jumped in the fridge he probably assumed he was giving himself the best chance but he was still more than likely going to die. That he didn't was indeed ridiculous if these movies were intended to be realistic but they aren't so it was fine and he, the character, can put it down to sheer luck. However Marion somehow knew that they would all survive an impossible stunt. Her laughing behaviour after they then somehow survive 3 huge waterfall drops makes her look certifiably insane.

Eh, she was always a little dippy. Mother****ing aliens take the silliness cake for me.

Eh, she was always a little dippy. Mother****ing aliens take the silliness cake for me.

Really? I dunno, if I - an atheist - can allow for the genuine divinity of the Ark or the Holy Grail in these movies I can certainly allow for Aliens which I deem to be more plausible in the first place.

Really? I dunno, if I - an atheist - can allow for the genuine divinity of the Ark or the Holy Grail in these movies I can certainly allow for Aliens which I deem to be more plausible in the first place.

As a fellow atheist, I agree that extraterrestrials are much more likely to exist than either a Bronze Age WMD or a cup that grants everlasting life. But they seem so out of place for an Indiana Jones movie. At least they do to me. :dunno

giphy.gif

As a fellow atheist, I agree that extraterrestrials are much more likely to exist than either a Bronze Age WMD or a cup that grants everlasting life. But they seem so out of place for an Indiana Jones movie. At least they do to me. :dunno

I figured that'd be the 'why' you had a problem with Aliens. However if there's Christians today who actually do allow for the possibility or even likelihood of other intelligent lifeforms out in the universe then that's how I reconcile Indiana Jones KOTCS with the other films - I place myself into that mindset to enable me to accept both existing in this fictional universe.

If you were any other man I would kill you where you stand.:lol

Dammit! Why didn't I think of that :lol

:lol

I'm a Christian but I loved that Saucermen from Mars appeared in an Indy flick. It's not like the Ark or "Grail" were Biblically accurate anyway. KOTCS was pretty crappy but definitely not because it featured aliens.

DBZ Battle of Gods: 5.5/7 Dragon Balls.

Not a ton of action but very fun and I love me some fresh ****rot!

Next up: Resurrection F! :yess:

Back