RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nice Guys - 6/10 - Some funny bits and good characters, but supper 'investigation' plot and felt too long.

Ant-Man - 6/10 - Pretty much the same as above. Nothing I'd visit again.

I caught "Limitless" for the first time, last night -- 7.9 / 10.

Really interesting concept & premise, I enjoyed the film for the most part. Not a Bradley Cooper fan generally, but I liked his performance in this. Abbie Cornish was great too. Not enough Deniro though.. oh well.

Cellular 5/10

Really, really, really dumb popcorn thriller. Never seen it before and had no idea Chris Evans and Jason Stathem both starred in it. William H Macy and Kim Basinger give good performances. What a waste of Jessica Biel.

Antman - 7.5/10. I enjoyed it just fine but it definitely, absolutely would have been better with Edgar Wright at the helm.

It was interesting to see the lingering traces of his involvement, especially in the montage sequences - stylistically they felt like they were cutting room floor footage from Shaun of the Dead.

Antman - 7.5/10. I enjoyed it just fine but it definitely, absolutely would have been better with Edgar Wright at the helm.

It was interesting to see the lingering traces of his involvement, especially in the montage sequences - stylistically they felt like they were cutting room floor footage from Shaun of the Dead.

I was very surprised to learn that the montages weren't Wright's:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-07-17/ant-man-director-explains-the-differences-from-edgar-wright-version

I too thought all along that Wright would have made a much better movie, even though I thoroughly enjoyed Ant Man. But after having read that article, I'm not entirely convinced it would have been better per se.

Anyway, finally saw Cap: Civil War: 9/10

Maybe an 8.875/10. I thought it was great, but I think Winter Soldier *just* edges it out. Definitely among the very best of the Marvel movies, of which I consider WS, CW and the first Iron Man to be on top. I loved how well drawn all the characters were. Even though I liked both of Whedon's Avengers, it does feel like the characters are a little bit of a caricature of who they really are. In the Russo movies, all the characters feel like 100% real people. That's a huge factor for my enjoyment with these comic book movies.

Back