RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to still think its a very good movie but that's incidental. When I said what you quoted I was referring to this forum generally. Everyone (apart from the cool people) was giving it 10/10. I'm sure you remember.

Gonna go ahead and drop my two cents on the counter here.

Avengers is a one-time watch (and it took me getting dragged by my friends to see it twice to realize that). It's a mostly-hollow fan service session that lacks proper dramatic meat. People were so excited to see the Hulk smacking Thor that they forgot what makes a good movie. For a time, Avengers was so hot it was infallible, even though it felt like it was made only to justify the existence of the previous films.

In terms of character arcs and drama, the movie fell flat -- save for the scene where Banner admits to his suicide attempt. But even that was too little too late. The thing was all flash and no substance, which I suppose makes sense because the characters had already been introduced and we were expecting them to just team up and fight. In that respect, I hope Age of Ultron delivers more drama to counteract the bloated flash and self-awareness.

Guardians had infinitely more depth and creativity. It felt much more involving as an action/adventure film and I gave a damn for reasons other than seeing Hulk punch a giant space worm in the face. Okay, cool. Spectacle is why we came, but now give us something to stay and sit for. Tony being a lovable ass? Thor having a god complex? Loki being an unexplainable panty-dropper? We can get plenty of that by watching the other movies so why should we care what happens to the characters and their world in this one? A new reason, please. With substance. Otherwise it's just, as I said, a two-hour fan service session and nothing more.

Last edited:
Aladdin - 8/10

Avengers is a one-time watch (and it took me getting dragged by my friends to see it twice to realize that). It's a mostly-hollow fan service session that lacks proper dramatic meat. People were so excited to see the Hulk smacking Thor that they forgot what makes a good movie. For a time, Avengers was so hot it was infallible, even though it felt like it was made only to justify the existence of the previous films.

In terms of character arcs and drama, the movie fell flat -- save for the scene where Banner admits to his suicide attempt. But even that was too little too late. The thing was all flash and no substance, which I suppose makes sense because the characters had already been introduced and we were expecting them to just team up and fight. In that respect, I hope Age of Ultron delivers more drama to counteract the bloated flash and self-awareness.

Guardians had infinitely more depth and creativity. It felt much more involving as an action/adventure film and I gave a damn for reasons other than seeing Hulk punch a giant space worm in the face. Okay, cool. Spectacle is why we came, but now give us something to stay and sit for. Tony being a lovable ass? Thor having a god complex? Loki being an unexplainable panty-dropper? We can get plenty of that by watching the other movies so why should we care what happens to the characters and their world in this one? A new reason, please. With substance. Otherwise it's just, as I said, a two-hour fan service session and nothing more.

:goodpost:

Avengers was a 6/10 for me. Novelty and pissing contest do not a great movie make.

As far as I'm concerned a movie isn't worth my time unless it scores at least a 13/10.

There is only one film truly worthy of this acclaim, for such a score is not given easily. And this film is of course...

Commando.

Not only is Commando the greatest motion picture ever made, but it is also the manliest film ever made.

15/10

Shakespeare wishes he could write dialogue as great as that of Commando

"I eat green berets for breakfast"
"Let off some steam Benett"
"Remember when I told you I'd kill you last? I lied!"

Are you sure a mere mark out of 10 is sufficient? I would've thought that a mark out of a thousand would be the only adequate way to rate it.

https://youtu.be/0Nz8YrCC9X8?t=1m34s

I am Hammond right here^ :lol

There is only one film truly worthy of this acclaim, for such a score is not given easily. And this film is of course...

Commando.

Not only is Commando the greatest motion picture ever made, but it is also the manliest film ever made.

15/10

Shakespeare wishes he could write dialogue as great as that of Commando

"I eat green berets for breakfast"
"Let off some steam Benett"
"Remember when I told you I'd kill you last? I lied!"

VkBqD6Y.jpg

Don't forget that awesome ending soundtrack.

I just watched RoboCop 2 for the first time in years. :lol

I actually enjoyed it. It's a poor follow up, but ehh.. there's still some redeeming features in it; namely Weller, & Phil Tippet's work. If not for them, it would've been beyond pointless. It also still has it's feet firmly planted in that golden era of over the top action flicks with some well known old faces, so that adds to it's charm of course as well.

Nancy Allen (who was excellent in 1) could've been replaced really, & it wouldn't have mattered. The old boy (OCP boss) was good, but he seemed almost detached from the whole affair most of the time. You just don't care about anyone in this movie bar Murphy; I thought the scene where Murphy's wife shows up at the Police Station to talk to him one last time - & he does the stoic thing & snubs her, was kinda good.

It's all a big dumb repeat.. with a kid villain this time. He reminded me of a little Harry Connick Jnr. :lol

6 / 10

Commando - Van Down By The River/10

Horrible movie.

"Remember when I told you if you pay to see this movie you'll be entertained? I Lied!"

Thanks for nothing Conan.

Incredible story, amazing characters, out of this world writing, immaculate animation, thrilling score.

Heart touching, funny, exciting as freaking hell.

Perfect cartoon.

I LOVE it.

:thud:

Incredible story, amazing characters, out of this world writing, immaculate animation, thrilling score.

Heart touching, funny, exciting as freaking hell.

Perfect cartoon.

I LOVE it.

:thud:

:lol still loving it i see haha

Can't wait till you finish up the series

Back