RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I know I was dumb for not watching it earlier :lol it's just that a friend has been nagging me to watch this cartoon and I always discarded it cause she's kind of an otaku so I thought it would be like one of her usual animes where everybody is super good looking and cool and indifferent.

But I was so wrong, this cartoon is a master piece it makes me LOL and it gives me feels and it's extremely well written.

The live action movie gives it no justice, at all.

That reminds me...

The Last Airbender - 2/10 utter crap. Might be biased due to being a fan, but the plot made no sense, characters were flat, and just horrible acting all around

The live action movie gives it no justice, at all.

That reminds me...

The Last Airbender - 2/10 utter crap. Might be biased due to being a fan, but the plot made no sense, characters were flat, and just horrible acting all around

Yeah, it was a bad movie even when I didn't know anything of the lore, but now that I'm in love with the cartoon, I feel alienated by it :lol

I feel they should reboot it with Guillermo del Toro.

Yeah, it was a bad movie even when I didn't know anything of the lore, but now that I'm in love with the cartoon, I feel alienated by it :lol

I feel they should reboot it with Guillermo del Toro.

Or just any director that knows what the hell he is doing :lol

Seriously how can you condense 20 half hour episodes in only a hour and a half movie is beyond me

Sabotage - 5/10 - Arnold was pretty good in this but the flick was pretty dull. The who done it was easy to figure out early on.

Krull- 8/10 - The FX are dated, but this flick is what fantasy is all about. Still a fun movie to watch with a great soundtrack.

Or just any director that knows what the hell he is doing :lol

Seriously how can you condense 20 half hour episodes in only a hour and a half movie is beyond me

I think it's possible, with the correct artistic vision.

Of course it would leave a lot of the show's material out, but it shouldn't be a travesty like M. Night Shyamalan's.

It's even tougher when even the filler episodes are soooo good and actually have an impact on the story.

Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5/10
It was good, but I guess the universal praise it's been getting was making me expect a little more. WS and X-Men: DOFP definitely lived up to the hype, so I suppose I was thinking this one would too. GOTG is definitely one of the better movies, but I thought WS and DOFP were better as far as this summer's comic movies go. I thought it started out a little uneven, but once they got to Nova Prime the movie really got going. Rocket was absolutely the best part of the movie. I would want to watch it again just for his parts. I thought Ronan was kinda bland as a villain, and didn't really like how he was played. It was a fun ride, but had much more in common with Firefly/Serenity than it did SW--not sure why the comparisons are so prevalent between the two, other than they're both in space.

Winter Soldier was better than Guardians? Oh oh, I'll really lower my expectations then. I can't honestly score Winter Soldier very high. I thought it was too long and had enough clichés to make my cringe multiple times. VFX were hit and miss, story was "meh" - though I knew what to expect there after watching the SHIELD TV show.

Also, wrt to WS, when did Captain America become super-human? He's supposed to be extra strong, but not so strong that he can survive things a normal human could not and certainly not throw someone across the room or through a wall. Which brings me to another issue - inconsistency. In one scene he's got Superman-like strength and then in another he's having relative difficulty putting down an ordinary man. With the strength shown in some scenes, he'd be able to split someone's skull with a single punch. I call that lazy story telling. The movie just seemed like an awkward collection of action sequences stitched together with wooden acting and dialogue.

It was still much better than both Thor movies, Iron Man 2 and 3, plus all non-Marvel Studios Marvel movies. ;)

Last edited:
Winter Soldier was better than Guardians? Oh oh, I'll really lower my expectations then. I can't honestly score Winter Soldier very high. I thought it was too long and had enough clichés to make my cringe multiple times. VFX were hit and miss, story was "meh" - though I knew what to expect there after watching the SHIELD TV show.

Also, wrt to WS, when did Captain America become super-human? He's supposed to be extra strong, but not so strong that he can survive things a normal human could not and certainly not throw someone across the room or through a wall. Which brings me to another issue - inconsistency. In one scene he's got Superman-like strength and then in another he's having relative difficulty putting down an ordinary man. With the strength shown in some scenes, he'd be able to split someone's skull with a single punch. I call that lazy story telling. The movie just seemed like an awkward collection of action sequences stitched together with wooden acting and dialogue.

It was still much better than both Thor movies, Iron Man 2 and 3, plus all non-Marvel Studios Marvel movies. ;)

Definitely temper you expectations, especially if you thought WS was unremarkable. Different kind of film, though. Like I said, it has more in common with Firefly and Serenity. Tone is pretty light and comedic--maybe like Avengers. Rocket's lines and delivery are fantastic.

Can't agree with your assessment of Cap and his powers, though. I think the super soldier serum does indeed make him super human. And I can accept him maybe holding his strength back a bit when fighting regular men. He knows his strength and knows he can kill with a punch. But that just wouldn't be the boyscout he is, would it? As far as you knowing what the outcome of the movie was because you watched SHIELD, you can't hold that against the movie. Besides, I knew what was coming before I watched the movie and I didn't think the knowledge took away too much.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 - 5/10
It was an ok movie, it did have that Micheal Bay feel but over all it wasn't as bad as I expected. The look of the turtles also didn't bother me all that much
like I thought they were. Now I will say I went in with zero expectations and a free special screening ticket. So with that Im glad I didn't pay for it.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.5/10
Again I knew nothing about these characters and went in blind and walked out really impressed. It wasn't perfect, but it was a great film. The characters were cool
and the plot was good along with making it tie into the other films. A solid film, even my wife who said it looked stupid came out loving it.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 - 5/10
It was an ok movie, it did have that Micheal Bay feel but over all it wasn't as bad as I expected. The look of the turtles also didn't bother me all that much
like I thought they were. Now I will say I went in with zero expectations and a free special screening ticket. So with that Im glad I didn't pay for it.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.5/10
Again I knew nothing about these characters and went in blind and walked out really impressed. It wasn't perfect, but it was a great film. The characters were cool
and the plot was good along with making it tie into the other films. A solid film, even my wife who said it looked stupid came out loving it.

My Wife didnt want to see it and I had to talk her into it, she came out really enjoying it as well.

under the skin 1/10 way to abstract for me to make it through the whole movie
Spiderman 2 3/10 pretty bad as the first one .. looked more like a next gen video game most of the time.. I enjoyed Osborn Jr. before transformation the most

Robocop 2014 - 7.5/10

With the original being one of my favorite flicks, I walked in with major reservations. But I honestly enjoyed it, it was smartly done, and liked the social commentary that they included, in particular with the influence of politics on business. This one didn't have as much humor, but was done quite well. I thought Gary Oldman and Joel Kinnaman were great, but I thought Michael Keaton was terrible. Didn't mind the suit so much when you see it with all the sound effects and all, but still had a major problem with his face being undamaged (and still liked the silver suit more).

Back