RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if you've seen Mr. Brooks, but I thought that was a fairly decent performance by Costner as a serial killer.

I think its one of his best movies. I just recently rewatched it as I hadn't seen it since seeing it in the theatres several years ago, I think I actually enjoyed it more now. His "apprentice" didn't annoy me half as much as he did on my original viewing for some reason.

Dane Cook is an annoying character in general, and I think the movie exploited that fact by having the audience root against him. I loved his cameo on Louie, which also played a bit on that.

Thor: The Dark World 6.5/10
Very disappointed. I really enjoyed the first one and I just thought this one was dull and lifeless. I really didn't feel anything towards any of the characters. It all felt a bit rushed from one action piece to the next without giving the characters some chance to get to know them. Maybe Heimdall got a little more character development.

I didn't like the laser pew pew guns that Asgard now seems to have--way too space-y for that world. I don't mind it when they're on staffs or even the glowing swords. I see that world sticking with traditional weaponry, even if they can shoot lasers, and rejecting pistols as "uncivilized". Kinda like how Obi-Wan and the Jedi feel.

This one and Cap: First Avenger are at the bottom of the Avengers/Marvel movies heap for me. Still better than Man of Steel, though.

August: Osage County: 3/10

As a platform for decent actors to act decently, it's pretty good. But in every other way it sucks. The characters are a bunch of unlikable caricatures. There wasn't any real heart that I could tell, the story wasn't very deep or fulfilling on any level unless you're someone who can get pleasure out of just watching a bunch of miserable, horrible people be miserable and horrible to each other. This is the opposite of what I want to see when I watch a movie. If my wife wasn't watching it, and if I weren't doing other things so it was on in the background, I would have turned it off after about 10 minutes.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 8/10

My second favourite Spider-Man film after "Spider-Man 2". It is the most 'comic-booky' and 'fun' Spider-Man movie so far, yet at the same time the most emotional. Some of the scenes and dialogue could've literally been ripped out of a comic book page, almost as if I was watching a very crisp and fluent motion comic.

Andrew Garfield continues to put his own, very enjoyable, stamp on the Peter Parker/Spider-Man character. He acts, behaves, speaks JUST LIKE Spidey in the comics. To quote Harry Osborn; Garfield "...does everything... that a Spider can". Emma Stone is irresistable as Gwen Stacy. Jamie Foxx does a good enough job as Electro; not amazing, but not bad by any means. The REAL villain of this movie is Dane DeHaan / Harry Osborn. He oozes Osborn filth. Truly a great interpretation of the character.

I am really looking forward to where they take this franchise next.

Considering how most people give out 10's so regularly on this board, ASM2 must be pretty disappointing as its only getting 8's. Most peoples 10's I'd give a 7.

Back