RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a lot, actually. It's visually striking, with bits of odd and hilarious comedy sprinkled about. Not to mention a pretty stark look at the vapid American youth, and their "dreams".

It's a great movie. You just have to prepare. If you haven't seen Harmony's other films, you ain't got no business seeing Spring Breakers. You just won't get it. And I don't mean that in a "its soo deep way", you just literally won't understand how that crazy man's mind works, and you won't be prepared for what you're about to see.

That's pretty much what I was expecting, but I wasn't really sure if the movie would be just pure visuals and no substance.

I think I'm prepared for it :lol, I'll see it tomorrow, thanks for the synopsis, really helpful. :clap

It has substance. But it's a strange substance. It's what you want to bring to it. If you want to go in thinking it's a pile of vapid garbage with nothing going on, you can do that. But if you'd like to think it's something more, go for it. Because you can find it.

The best way I can describe it is it's nothing like what you think it's going to be and it flows like liquid. It's a liquid narrative.

Harmony compared his film to a song, which is interesting. It has beats like a song, and a repeating chorus throughout the film using Spring Break imagery when things begin to get crazier.

I really enjoyed it to be honest. I think the imagery alone did a great job of portraying the film's message. Though I'm betting that most of the youthful adults who saw the film just saw it as a bad gangster movie. :lol

Be warned: If you watch this movie close to bed time you might have nightmares of cornrose gangster-Franco whispering "Spriiiing breeeaaaak, spriiing breeaak forrrevaaa" in your ears... :lol

:lol duly noted.

Yup the visuals are what caught my eye in the 1st place in the trailers, looks really good.

I do hope it doesn't turn into another "god bless america", yuugh! I did not like that movie at all.

Back