RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw "The Dark Night Rises" for the first time. I avoided the movie because I was a little disturbed by the news of the broken back.

As it turned out...it wasn't that big a deal.

But then, I think that phrase is a great discription of the entire movie...

Rated..."not that big a deal/10".

Dark Knight Rises?

Hard Candy - 8/10. Ellen Page was terrifying and the movie itself really messed with your emotions. If you feel like watching something dark, give it a watch!

The Lords of Salem - 7/10

Weird and genuinely spooky at times, but like everything Rob Zombie directs, it goes completely off the rails and devolves into camp and nonsense. Awesome performance by Meg Foster.

Dark Knight Rises?

funny-gif-cat-taking-off-glasses.gif

He's obviously talking about the 33 minute long documentary directed by Dr. Arbur Trout. It's about the native people's of Indonesia and their annual rituals, including one where a tribe member must sacrifice their backbone by having a massive boulder dropped on it. It's an old spiritual ritual they hold every year in celebration of their deities, "Santa Maria" and Chris Brown.

Open a book for God sakes man.

Riddick 7/10. Very good Riddick movie, and it delivered what I needed from it. However, parts of it just seemed like they ran out of original stuff so they just copied what was done in Pitch Black.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. 6.5/10. Entertaining enough. This time period really needs a zombie movie, though. There's something about rustic early-American weapons that makes the fighting more gritty. It'd be awesome to watch Revolutionary or Civil War era Americans deal with a zombie outbreak with muskets, flintlock pistols, bayonets, etc. Even a zombie western -- like Red Dead Undead Nightmare -- would be badass.

Reservoir Dogs -- 7.5/10. Finally got around to watching this. Tarantino is a genius at dialogue. Good movie. Not as good as Pulp Fiction ... but good.

Lincoln -- 9/10. Great movie. Remarkably fair consideration of both sides of the Civil War, actually -- there were more mentions of Lincoln and others being concerned about excessive use of executive power than I expected. I never really thought about whether the Emancipation Proclamation was an executive overreach. Really compelling movie. There was quite a bit I didn't know about the debate over the 13th Amendment. I do wonder how much was dramatization, and how much was actual history, though. Mary Todd Lincoln was a real pain in the *** in that movie.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
The Lone Ranger - 6 out of 10.

Fun movie. Johnny Depp was okay. I much preferred Armie Hammer's role as the Lone Ranger. Depp as Tonto was very, well, disappointing. William Fichtner was amazing in the villain role. Probably the furthest from the usual character I seen him play.

Jack the Giant Slayer: 7/10
I thought it was great. I'm not sure why or how it did so poorly in the theaters or why it's considered to be so terrible, but I thought it was a good story and solidly directed by Singer. I thought all the characters were extremely likable and I loved the end. It was a pleasant, well done movie.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. 6.5/10. Entertaining enough. This time period really needs a zombie movie, though. There's something about rustic early-American weapons that makes the fighting more gritty. It'd be awesome to watch Revolutionary or Civil War era Americans deal with a zombie outbreak with muskets, flintlock pistols, bayonets, etc. Even a zombie western -- like Red Dead Undead Nightmare -- would be badass.

SnakeDoc

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (yes there is such a movie)

Exit Humanity is a zombie movie that takes place during the Civil War. Nothing great but not a bad movie either.

Empire of the Sun

Wow, what a fantastic film. Bale gave a better performance at 13 than most other actors could achieve in their whole career.

9/10

Back