RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw (2004) - 6,5/10

I didn't liked editing and over/under acting.
Also the final twist was spoiled by... everyone. And it wasn't done well.

The editing helps build the tension - and allows a lot of 'suggested' gore/mutilation. This is why it stands out from the rest of the Saw films which are very graphic.

The twist at the end was superbly done. Just because you knew what was going to happen doesn't mean the film suffers. I saw the film when it first came out and no one was yet to spoil the twist. It was inredible.

The World's End - 7.0 but I can see it growing on me with a second watch. The people I went with didn't enjoy it and sometimes that brings a movie down.

You're Next 8/10

Now this was an enjoyable horror film! Lots of scares and equally as many parts where you wanted to cheer. Great film.

The editing helps build the tension and allows a lot of 'suggested' gore/mutilation.
You don't know what exactly I didn't like about it yet trying to contradict...

Too many flashbacks, they are inappropriate in the story and makes kindergarten play of a movie where everything is properly chewed and even put in your mouth "cuz it's entertainment so teh brain must rest".

Just because you knew what was going to happen doesn't mean the film suffers. It was inredible.
And again contradict just for the sake of it...

The twist was about a character you could only see for a moment near the beginning, someone you didn't cared and didn't know anything about. They could give him more screen time, make scenes where Zep interacts with him in a hospital w/o making it obvious, ect. But nope, better fill it with flashbacks :slap

I don't mind flashbacks if they use them right. Saw did it alright. But the rest of the series used it as a crutch to introduce bull****. So who knows.

The Collection - 7/10

Saw this in theaters when it first came out and being a fan of the first movie I was left somewhat disappointed with The Collection when I first saw it but after a second viewing and knowing what to expect and turning my mind off to some of the more ludicrous plot points
Spoiler Spoiler:
I enjoyed it a bit more the second time around. My biggest gripe with the film is it felt too big or grand for what it is to me which of course is a common problem with sequels. Still while many of the gruesome traps and kills are a little ridiculous if not implausible, especially in the first 10 mins, they are still fun to watch and The Collector's horrific lair of torture is disturbingly and beautifully detailed.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I loved the original film, second wasnt bad either.

Same here. In fact the first Saw is definitely one of my favorite horror movies to come out in the last 10 years or so. Still for me the series ended after Saw 3 and I haven't even bothered with any of the Saw movies after 4 (with the exception of the last one).

Did anyone see Mortal Instruments?

Yes, it was painful.

My wife has read like 8 books from the series, she hated it too, Ween. FYI, she loves Twilight, Harry Potter, The Host, and that crap show about the girl with the bow.... and even her post tween tastes couldn't handle this steaming plate of dung. :lol

We're The Millers 5/10

Average. A few laughs in there but wouldn't want to watch it again.

I do like Jason Sudeikis however.

Battleship - 3/10 - A bit too cheesy for me to enjoy

Paul - 6/10 - Ok but a bit disappointing and not as good as....

Hot Fuzz - 9/10 or
Shaun of the Dead - 9/10!

Back