RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

The Amazing Spider-Man - 9/10
I saw it this morning and I absolutely LOVED it! This truly is the Amazing Spider-Man.
I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't extremely pumped for this movie. I felt it was too soon after the original trilogy and I didn't really like the suit design. (Note how I said: didn't :lol)
Anyway, I went to see it this morning because it's Spider-Man and it should be a good watch on the big screen, but man, I did not expect it to be this awesome!
Seriously, the story, the characters, the action, yes the suit... We've seen it all before, but this take on that well known story was really, really good!
The new Peter Parker was played amazingly by Garfield and the character was so much more likeable than when Tobey Maguire played him. This time we actually got to see the science geek photographer like I remember him from the 90's cartoon. Emma Stone was great as Gwen Stacy and I really liked Rhys Ifans as Curt Connors. Also it was great to see some of his facial features when he was the Lizard. They did an amazing job on that as well. And the music was very good too! James Horner did a fantastic job!

All in all I'm very glad that I went to see this movie in the theatre, because I can honestly say that I would've regretted it later. :rock :rock :rock

Downside though... Now I kinda want the HT fig :lol

Catwoman ... 2/10. An embarrassment of a movie from top-to-bottom.

The story was stupid -- a corporate toxic makeup plot? The "woman power" angle was obnoxious and irritating. Mindless cliched stupidity. Catwoman's backstory was retarded. She's supposed to be a catburglar, not a cat version of Spider-man. She's LIKE a cat ... she wasn't given cat-powers by being bitten by a radioactive cat. And -- she isn't supposed to be a noble crusader against bad makeup. She isn't noble. She's a thief.

The cowl was OK, the rest of the costume was completely ridiculous. I preferred Schumaker's batsuits in B&R to this catastrophe. I never thought I'd say this about Halle Berry ... but there is no excuse for her to be wearing such a skimpy outfit. Who the hell is "Patience Phillips" anyway? Why not Selina Kyle?

Secondhand Lions ... 8/10. Underrated movie. Duvall was a badass.

SnakeDoc

Safe house 6/10. Somewhat interesting movie with DWashington. Lost its way in the final third.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - 6/10
Ted - 7/10
Magic Mike 8/10

From Dusk till Dawn

7.9/10

If only the Vamps were cool this movie coulda been a 9/10

Magic Mike 8/10

4S24h.gif

TED - 6.5/10 Wasn't as good as I thought it would be from what people were saying.

Jurassic Park - 9/10 Still a good movie after all this time.

Highlander 7/10

it was good, I expected something a little more epic, I don't know, I liked it, good solid performances, it just felt a little anticlimactic at times, I guess since they had to cover so much story that was a given,
I am a Huge Queen fan, I started to like them when I was 5 years old, I would play my dad's tapes, yet the soundtrack for this movie was very distracting and a little annoying, kinda felt out of place at times, I guess this is why you don't give the soundtrack job to one single band, I always wondered how movies would be like if only one band play all the songs, is not a good thing

I dont know why they want to remake this, like Total Recall the point and the charm of the movie is the old look the cameras gave movies back then and the actors, the remake will probably be flashy and everything smooth looking, and it will probably suck

Back