Rant: Stupid/lying sellers on ebay + here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am so fed up dealing with those liars and/or bad sellers.

1) If you list an item as mib - only opened to inspect then placed back in box. Then it should NOT have paint scratches, dust, or black tars/marks on the statue, nor should the base be full of crap that looked like it's been displayed in a monkey zoo for the last 2 years, nor should there be different colored paint brushstrokes used to touch up defects.

2) If you are going to ship a $400+ item, spend the _____**** 30 sec to duct tape the styrofoam shut and package it properly.

I have had sellers literally throw the styrofoam together without any tape then dump it in the box with no padding on $500+ statues, of course the styrofoam came separated during shipping and all the parts fell out into the box..chipped,broken.

Then I had received statue with leftover hardened rice stuck to the base. and black sticky marks all over the figure, still listed as new/mib.

And just now I finally received my long waited mib code 3 x-wing only to find out this seller just threw the accessory hard case into the giant soft shipping paper box without any padding/protection. Of course the case opened during shipping and all the pieces came loose and started grinding against each other (picture lottery ball machine). The end result is every piece got chipped and scratched up. See photo below.

The sad part is most of those horrible sellers all have good feedback here and on ebay. I am pretty easy going and really not a picky buyer, but this is just insane!

To be fair most sellers are honest and ship their items carefully, but it really gets under your skin when you have to deal with those bad sellers especially after you specifically ask them to confirm if the item is mib/new.

/RANT OFF

Anyone got an extra x-wing parts set? :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
better buy locally than to save money buying from ebay..
i paid more expensive in local stores but i always get good units and have a good night sleep afterwards..

Sorry to see that. :(

better buy locally than to save money buying from ebay..
i paid more expensive in local stores but i always get good units and have a good night sleep afterwards..

You won't find Code 3 X-Wing locally so easy.

Sorry to see that. :(

You won't find Code 3 X-Wing locally so easy.

here's another solution:

advertise high price locally with terms it has to be in good condition, let people/scalpers be your soldiers to hunt the good units, then buy it from some lucky soldier who get the good unit from ebay..

to those unlucky soldiers, well they usually got SHOT at the end of the movie..

Hi Everyone,

I hope this helps a little gagaliya.

Don't assume anything. Make a written/typed up checklist with all of your questions and ask the seller everything, even down to the most mundane detail. It may sound silly to tell a seller to make sure he/she seals the styro-foam with tape, package all of the accessories properly, use packing protection so items do not get bounced around, etc., but this will save you some of your grief. There are some sellers who are good people, but lack common sense. So, if you are specific in your questions and communicate well, this will alleviate most of the problems you are describing. I hope this helps. Good Luck !!!

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah Gagaliya, I hear yah.... Been there myself, though it has happen to me only a very few times. I always send a message/e-mail asking for "any flaws what so ever, like rips, dents, rubbs, etc." and clearly pointing out that I am a collector (even thought it is obvious). But unfortunataly there are some stupid lying sellers/traders out there - on eBay, among collectors, etc.

thanks guys. edited my post and removed some of the name calling now that I calmed down a bit.

unfortunately i dont think buying local is ever possible, it took me over a year to find a mint condition code 3 x-wing, i dont know what code 3 used for the material, it is absolutely gorgeous but it gets chipped/damaged easier than mr glass falling off a stairs. So you can imagine my frustration when the parts was just thrown into a paper box and shipped to me :slap

seller was apologetic and offered a partial refund to keep it(i really dont think he had a clue how to ship those things). it will cost me a lot more to get a good painter to fix all the chipped parts but might have to do that, because dont know when i will find another x-wing..

also managed to get a mint at-st (yes i am on a roll), i emailed the seller twice telling him exactly how to package it, he probably think i am insane lol but not taking any chances after this disaster.

I hate hearing about stuff like this.

My only advice is to quit buying things from dusty, rice eating monkeys who don't know what padding is for. :lecture The fact that they've learned how to do paint touch-up is impressive, though.

unless this item is no longer available in stores or online merchants OOP, why would you choose to buy from a private seller? is it to save a couple of dollars? then you get what you pay for.

its already a red flag when someone says they opened it once to inspect and placed it back in, its like someone who says a DVD or CD was only played once and "gently used" would you believe that?

I only buy statutes locally and only after I inspect them myself.

I find most people who sell statues locally will gladly pop the box open and let you take a look.

For people talking about local stores: Code 3 Star Wars ships cannot be found on local stores, maybe except for Vader's TIE regular. Not the X-Wing, AT-ST, Slave 1 or Falcon.

As for what Code 3 is made of: metal parts with some resin and plastic. The chipped parts are all metal, you need to use the magnetic tool to take them off the ship

For people talking about local stores: Code 3 Star Wars ships cannot be found on local stores, maybe except for Vader's TIE regular. Not the X-Wing, AT-ST, Slave 1 or Falcon.

As for what Code 3 is made of: metal parts with some resin and plastic. The chipped parts are all metal, you need to use the magnetic tool to take them off the ship

Are you sure it's metal? maybe it has some metal inside for the magnetic tool, but the chipped area all show white material (see the photo in my first post), that looks to me like polystone?

I am trying to see if i can pay one of the pro painters on statueforum to fix it, those guys look like pros.

Back