Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
My mam saw it in the pictures! She agrees with me, overhyped. Same with Avatar, whilst it is a good movie I don't agree with how amazing it's supposed to be :lecture

My mam saw it in the pictures! She agrees with me, overhyped. Same with Avatar, whilst it is a good movie I don't agree with how amazing it's supposed to be :lecture

Avatar was alright but story was ____. I dont do love storys!
Even though I paid like £40 for the steelbook of it for some odd reason! :cuckoo:

Every movie franchise has a love story!

Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor
Ripley and Ummm...(Michael Beihn :lol )
Bruce Wayne and Rachel Dawes
Butch and that chick who talks about pot bellies... Fabienne?
Etc. Etc.

Every movie franchise has a love story!

Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor
Ripley and Ummm...(Michael Beihn :lol )
Bruce Wayne and Rachel Dawes
Butch and that chick who talks about pot bellies... Fabienne?
Etc. Etc.

:lol
Yeah but Terminator wasnt about Reece and Sarah.
Nor was Aliens about Ripley and Hicks.

Avatar had more to do with them falling in love.

Just watched the longish scene where the whole crew minus Kane argue over what to do about the Alien, at this point where they assume its still the small thing that burst out of his chest. One uninterrupted sequence, camera stays in one place with everyone in the frame. So simple but utterly unlike anything you'd see in a modern film.

I'm not a fan of this director, but M. Night Shyamalan does this type of shot all the time.

Both Alien and Aliens are about equally watchable over and over again to me. For the most part I think Alien is a better movie but I think I would prefer to watch Aliens next time around; seen Alien probably too often. However, I have no desire to own any of the critters. I would much prefer a quality scale die-cast of the Aliens drop-ship and APC vehicle.

Meh, Alien didn't have CGI, the space ship didn't shoot lazers, the alien didn't look or act like anything we've seen before.. Oh, and the lack of guns and explosions..

boring

I LOVE the dog alien but Aliens was the movie I watched over and over and OVER again as a kid...to my parent's disdain haha.

The dog alien is my favorite, but I don't like how it was depicted in the film. Since Fox apparently shelled out a little bit of cash to have actors redo some of their lines for the Assembly Cut blu-ray, they could've spared a bit more to have a small effects house clean up and properly light the atrocious puppet effects, along with the final shot of Ripley disappearing into the lake of fire.

Meh, Alien didn't have CGI, the space ship didn't shoot lazers, the alien didn't look or act like anything we've seen before.. Oh, and the lack of guns and explosions..

boring

Oh, my gawd... I beg to differ, my friend. Gimme atmosphere over explosions any ol' day. Nothing wrong with CGI, but the trouble I have with too much "blowed-up" stuff is that after a while it's all the same. You get de-sensitized, particularly young audiences, and so the next movie has to be even more over the top than the previous one or people will just say it was boring... when in reality it's less blowing up and more story-telling and atmosphere that wins the day... :wink1:

...along with the final shot of Ripley disappearing into the lake of fire.

Seems it was changed though, and not really to my liking. The queen burster no longer bursts from Ripley at the end lake of fire scene. Anybody know why?

Oh, my gawd... I beg to differ, my friend. Gimme atmosphere over explosions any ol' day. Nothing wrong with CGI, but the trouble I have with too much "blowed-up" stuff is that after a while it's all the same. You get de-sensitized, particularly young audiences, and so the next movie has to be even more over the top than the previous one or people will just say it was boring... when in reality it's less blowing up and more story-telling and atmosphere that wins the day... :wink1:

Wow, some people just really don't get Internet sarcasm... :dunno

Seems it was changed though, and not really to my liking. The queen burster no longer bursts from Ripley at the end lake of fire scene. Anybody know why?

The queen chestburster is only missing in the Assembly Cut. She remains in the theatrical version.

I think the alien in the first movie didn't have to run.
Where the hell would they go?
Anywhere but where the Alien was! The ship was made of huge long corridors so its not like they were trapped in a house with it. Ripley bumped into it on her way to escape the ship then she backed up turned around run off. And it just stood there. That could never of happened in any movie after the original as any other would of ran and pounced on her before she got to the ladder. And its not like it didnt know she was there because if it can sense where humans are from a great distance away im sure it would know if she was popping her head around the corner to look at it.

I dont buy into this image that the original Alien was meant to be as agile and fast as the things we saw in later movies. i actually think the scale was more sided with it being a power house than agile. Of course it was no slouch with agility but i just dont think its a wall crawling long distance jumping creature. It almost half asses itself around the ship.

Last edited:
Anywhere but where the Alien was! The ship was made of huge long corridors so its not like they were trapped in a house with it. Ripley bumped into it on her way to escape the ship then she backed up turned around run off. And it just stood there. That could never of happened in any movie after the original as any other would of ran and pounced on her before she got to the ladder. And its not like it didnt know she was there because if it can sense where humans are from a great distance away im sure it would know if she was popping her head around the corner to look at it.

I dont buy into this image that the original Alien was meant to be as agile and fast as the things we saw in later movies. i actually think the scale was more sided with it being a power house than agile. Of course it was no slouch with agility but i just dont think its a wall crawling long distance jumping creature. It almost half asses itself around the ship.

All true however since Alien 1979 was the original film, it decides what the alien should be like. The subsequent films changed it. Mind you I'm perfectly happy that Cameron introduced the idea of a Queen - Aliens is just too great a film to ever look on it with regret IMO

Back