Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
The thing with all subsequent alien designs is that the designers/artists mostly didn't really get the bio-mechanical aspect of the creature IMO. I think they just saw tubes and bones, but didn't really understand the idea behind the subversion, the perversion of the human form that Giger went for. They just saw tubes and bones.
That is why the original Giger alien is still the best and most disturbing monster design ever.
I love all the designs, from Cameron's bugs through ADI's dragon and velociraptors from space. They are all great monsters, but none really capture that idea of a human form tortured into something beautiful and eerie like Giger's work does.

The thing with all subsequent alien designs is that the designers/artists mostly didn't really get the bio-mechanical aspect of the creature IMO. I think they just saw tubes and bones, but didn't really understand the idea behind the subversion, the perversion of the human form that Giger went for. They just saw tubes and bones.
That is why the original Giger alien is still the best and most disturbing monster design ever.
I love all the designs, from Cameron's bugs through ADI's dragon and velociraptors from space. They are all great monsters, but none really capture that idea of a human form tortured into something beautiful and eerie like Giger's work does.
:exactly::goodpost:

I love every Alien design except the AvP:R garbage.

..not one of them have come close to the true Biomechanical alien that was, the Alien.

Original alien is a awesome design true and wont be beaten but the Queen takes that into a different direction. I love the long "helmet" type head and then the head that pops out of it.

What I dont get though is if the Alien takes form of whatever it was born from then what exactly was the queen born from? :dunno

That's a sticky question because Giger never intended for their to be a Queen and the whole idea of the creature taking form of the host is a hot button issue. Fans either love, or hate, this idea. I liked the idea of the Dog Alien (smaller, quadriped, no tubes on the back to be more aerodynamic) but that's the limit for me. The Kenner line of toys in the 90's with the Snake Alien and Crab Alien, etc, took it way too far.

That's a sticky question because Giger never intended for their to be a Queen and the whole idea of the creature taking form of the host is a hot button issue. Fans either love, or hate, this idea. I liked the idea of the Dog Alien (smaller, quadriped, no tubes on the back to be more aerodynamic) but that's the limit for me. The Kenner line of toys in the 90's with the Snake Alien and Crab Alien, etc, took it way too far.

It will be interesting to know what Giger says about what actually laid the eggs in his mind.

I agree with the taking it too far with those toys. When I saw the Flying Queen I was like :cuckoo:. It looks so bad that on Alien fan would even pay 1 cent for it. :lol

It will be interesting to know what Giger says about what actually laid the eggs in his mind.

I agree with the taking it too far with those toys. When I saw the Flying Queen I was like :cuckoo:. It looks so bad that on Alien fan would even pay 1 cent for it. :lol

Haha, well, if you've seen the deleted scenes from Alien you'll have seen that the Alien will transform it's hosts into the egg. Of course this was cut so we got the Queen. A truly symbiotic relationship. Then it becomes the whole chicken and egg argument.

Egg morphing. Deleted scene from Alien.

The Alien would take it's victims (live or dead), throw'em up on a wall and secrete somthing on them that would morph them into eggs.

As for Kenner..I ____ing loved the Kenner figures. You weren't supposed to take them seriously, they were like cartoon versions. They did a really good job with them, too.. I loved the Alien designs they had, especially the Boar and Snake. If an Alien could be birthed from a cobra I can totally see it looking like Kenner's version, just more realistic..less cartoony.

Here's my favorite:

2mh7l7l.jpg

I much prefer the egg morphing idea to the Queen..I love the Queen, but egg morphing seems much more Gigeresque and unique.

Lets just say they both good ideas :lol
The thing with the egg morphing is that it dont give you anything new to do. While the Queen was a new idea that brought about a awesome creature and that "get away from her you B****" line!! :clap

Last edited:
Lets just say they both good ideas :lol
The thing with the egg morphing is that it dont give you anything new to do. While the Queen was a new idea that brought about a awesome creature and without that "get away from her you B****" line!! :clap
Oh, yeah, I agree..the Queen is awesome, I love her.

Ripley's _____ line still gives me chills when I see it..love that scene.

I feel that egg morphing makes the Alien seem much more terrifying and disturbing though. Truly makes it the "Perfect organism".

Oh, yeah, I agree..the Queen is awesome, I love her.

Ripley's _____ line still gives me chills when I see it..love that scene.

I feel that egg morphing makes the Alien seem much more terrifying and disturbing though. Truly makes it the "Perfect organism".

One of the few things I agree with Lar'ja 100% on. The idea of being transformed into an egg is much more terrifying than just being killed.

One of the few things I agree with Lar'ja 100% on. The idea of being transformed into an egg is much more terrifying than just being killed.

For me, the way Kane went has too be the worst type of alien death.
you get attacked by a giant spider- looking facehugger on the face!
After the initial shock you experience a feeling of suffocation whilst being impregnated with a creepy foreign organism which finally burst out you chest with excruciating pain followed by death!
Dan O'bannon, Ronald Shusett and Ridley Scott = pure genius

After the initial shock you experience a feeling of suffocation whilst being impregnated with a creepy foreign organism which finally burst out you chest with excruciating pain followed by death!
Don't forget the calm "Phew, glad that's over and I'm safe now.." feeling before the Chestburster..well..chest-bursts..

True, but, remember, he didn't recall what happened with the facehugger and before he knew what was happening at dinner he was dead. No fear, no chase, no hiding. In some ways his death was the most humane and quickest.

The Alien Queen is my favorite creature design, but I do prefer the egg morphing concept. I wish the 3rd and 4th film combined the concept. Like if an alien was born into a queenless environment, the alien was capable of creating an army or however you want to describe it by egg morphing other human hosts. This bolsters the description of the perfect organism. it is near impossible to erradicate the species. I hope Prometheus touches on this concept of egg morphing or another Giger/Ridley idea of how the alien procreates

I've got total fate in Ridley for prometheus! :yess:

The only thing that saddens me is that Giger is not part of the project:gah:

All this talk about the queen and egg morphing makes me wonder how they are going to end Prometheus. Will it be the queen or one big alien? I mean, this is Ridley.s baby so maybe he'll stick to gigers style.

All this talk about the queen and egg morphing makes me wonder how they are going to end Prometheus. Will it be the queen or one big alien? I mean, this is Ridley.s baby so maybe he'll stick to gigers style.

I'm hoping he will. :pray: Giger's style owns all. :exactly:

Back