Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
I am the same way, once they killed of Corporal Hicks, I completely blocked out Alien 3. To me, the comics are the true sequels. Hicks is easily one of the most underrated heroes in movie cinema. He was level headed, caring, sharp, the list can go on, on his qualities. He just wasn't the stereotypical 1980's steroided action hero who protected the helpless female.

Micheal biehn is always on point in the roles he played..terminator,aliens even abyss and navy seals..he should of been a bigger action star back then..would of made a perfect solid snake in metal gear

I am the same way, once they killed of Corporal Hicks, I completely blocked out Alien 3. To me, the comics are the true sequels. Hicks is easily one of the most underrated heroes in movie cinema. He was level headed, caring, sharp, the list can go on, on his qualities. He just wasn't the stereotypical 1980's steroided action hero who protected the helpless female.

:exactly:

Aliens by far is my favorite. Its an epic, and one of my favorite movies. Love the look, direction, stlye, and that damn pulse rifle!!

then it goes Alien, I wonder if Promethius will be included in my list one day, its not a direct prequel it seems but it might connect somehow :dunno

Prometheus is a prequel to Alien, leads up to the Derelict crash, etc..

Hicks and Newt needed to die. This was never about them, it was about Ripley.

The Xenomorphs don't bring new friends, and a possible future mate.. They bring cold, dark, death. No joy, no happiness..just death.

In a different franchise, Hicks, Newt and Ripley would have all lived, came back for a sequel..killed a bunch of Aliens then walked off in the sunset.
But this is Alien. There is no joy other than finally being killed, not having to be around the nightmareish creatures any longer..finally being able to rest in peace.

And although I love Hicks, I don't see how he was so special. He was good, he was the leader, he was the love interest (kind of), he cared, blah blah blah, etc.

I mostly agree with Lar'ja. Nice points, and my sentiment on A3 exactly.

Love 3, possibly more than Aliens, now that I've finally seen the longer cut.

I respect your points, but I am not saying it needed to be a "happy" ending or spawn more action sequels. I do prefer the dark eerie feel of Alien, so i do want a dark ending, but killing HIcks, Newt and Bishop (Basically) off in the opening sequence does not do them justice. I believed Ripley needed to die, especially the way she did. If it was not for Resurrection, she died destroying what is known of the last of the Alien race. Hicks and Newt could have lived on. Alien being as dark as it was still had a survivor... Also, a little off topic. Alien 3 does not make sense, how did two eggs get into the ship. How did the Aliens get to the ship, impossible. The only possiblity is the ALien Queen, but from what is shown the queen could only spawn eggs when attached to the hive. and if she could, she did not get out of the dropship and place them somewhere, she attached Bishop immediately. the beginning of Alien 3's plot does not work. the planet and idea of the dog alien are awesome, but how they got there, the two eggs.. not possible at all.

Who's to say she didn't carry the eggs over to the spot, then got back in the Dropship? I agree that they could and should have made that part make more sense though.
But I like the fact that the Queen was smart enough to have a back-up plan.

And for Hicks/Newt not getting a better death..I'm glad they were discarded of like garbage. It was very realistic. Hicks was the hero..and he was brutally torn to pieces while being injured, and sleeping.
It really makes you feel that there are no short cuts here, no way out.

Alien 3 is by far my favorite of the franchise..love them all so much though.

Just my opinion, but I always felt, after seeing A3, that an Alien Queen must have one or two eggs in her as a contingency plan, should she ever lose her sack as what happened in Aliens. How they got to the position they were in is well beyond my comprehension, but maybe eggs can reposition themselves, especially Queen eggs, which of course would be these contingency eggs as it were. So to my thinking anyway, only these contingency eggs actually produce Queens and therefore are held internally to the living Queen's actual body and not her sac...

Just a thought.

I love Newt and Hicks, and for a long long time felt shafted by A3 that it pretty much dissolved the whole impetus for the second film, that being the redemption of Ripley having left her daughter behind so long ago. She got her second chance with Newt, and saving her seemed to be the real driving force of the entirely of Aliens. So, yeah, I see your points on just killing them off, WTF...

But the gravitas of A3 finally won me over, and the complete and utter loss of everything, with no possible solution other than the suicide of Ripley. Yeah, it grew on me. Plus the atmosphere is tops! Love the set designs and the direction of Fincher!

Remember in Alien 3 Ripley had pretty much given up on trying to feel joy, etc...she no longer feared the Alien, just wanted them all to burn. She realized that she can't expect happiness anymore.

and as for what you said about the Queen/egg situation..that would make more sense.

I opened up today's newspaper and found this comic strip by "Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!" lol

2011.jpg

I opened up today's newspaper and found this comic strip by "Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!" lol

2011.jpg

That's AWESOME!!!!!! :goodpost:

How in the Hell can Cameron's Aliens bug abomination be beating Giger's A L I E N MASTERPIECE????? That's just not right! :gah:

That's AWESOME!!!!!! :goodpost:

How in the Hell can Cameron's Aliens bug abomination be beating Giger's A L I E N MASTERPIECE????? That's just not right! :gah:

umm, your talking Winstons Aliens, not Camerons. Obviously you've never seen the Warrior bust, if you had, you would appreciate the awesomeness of that Alien.

Aren't they Giger's Alien with a different head/colors?
:dunno

Actually, there's a lot of differences between the Warrior sculpt and Giger's Big Chap. The head, hands and fingers, feet, elbow spikes, angles of the tubes, color, etc. etc. etc.

Actually, there's a lot of differences between the Warrior sculpt and Giger's Big Chap. The head, hands and fingers, feet, elbow spikes, angles of the tubes, color, etc. etc. etc.
So uh, head, colors, and some smaller things that I didn't mention because they are..smaller things.

I get the whole Queen/hive/bug thing..but they have never seemed like bugs to me.

When I see Aliens, I don't think "Starship Trooper alien bugs", I think "weird humanoid alien creatures".

Winston's Aliens are not my favorite, but they certainly aren't "abominations".

So uh, head, colors, and some smaller things that I didn't mention because they are..smaller things.

So uh' having only 3 long fingers compared to 6 human sized fingers and huge elbow blades instead of a lil' single spike is considered "smaller things"? :slap

Well, I guess you're right b/c when I look at every single Predator out there they all look exactly the same to me as well. The only difference is their color, right? :rotfl

Yeah, Predator isn't my only interest. I love the Alien and Predator equally.

My point was that the bodies are basically the same... There ARE differences, but they're not that big.

If Giger's had 6 fingers, then Winston's has 5. Winston's fingers are Giger's without a pinky basically..and of course they're shaped a bit differently. Then there's the larger elbow spikes (which I'm not even sure EVERY costume had..), more monsterous feet..etc.

..not including the colors/head which was already mentioned.

Stan Winston's Aliens resemble Giger's more than any other because the bodies are basically the same minus certain altered areas..

Back