Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
Glad to see Alien finally pulling back up. I wonder which design would be victorious if only the first two incarnations

You can't go wrong with either one, but my fav will always be Giger's original Alien. I just love the design!

Just got the new Blu-ray egg box set... not overly impressed by the quality of the egg - could have been much better quality. Meh... >_>

Alien 3 is a really good movie. I love the characters and world they created.

alien3-02.jpg

He looks so menacing in the shot - absolutely love it! More!

Just watched A3 again. Probably my favorite of the films, and I can't stop thinking about how great the costume and animatronic shots looked. There was no need for CGI, especially since the VFX model was way skinnier and insect-like than the suit.

Really, if they had used real physical effects for that film, it would get a lot more credit for maintaining that eerie humanoid feel that the previous movies had. Perfectly Giger-esque without the digital stuff.

Just watched A3 again. Probably my favorite of the films, and I can't stop thinking about how great the costume and animatronic shots looked. There was no need for CGI, especially since the VFX model was way skinnier and insect-like than the suit.

Really, if they had used real physical effects for that film, it would get a lot more credit for maintaining that eerie humanoid feel that the previous movies had. Perfectly Giger-esque without the digital stuff.

It was probably the cheapest option for the few seconds we see the CGI. You just have to accept that older movies are going to have flaws like that. It doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the movie, but it would be nice if they went back and touched it all up using modern techniques. Maybe one day.

It was probably the cheapest option for the few seconds we see the CGI. You just have to accept that older movies are going to have flaws like that. It doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the movie, but it would be nice if they went back and touched it all up using modern techniques. Maybe one day.

Sorry to nit-pick, but there was no CGI in A3. Actually, there were very minor CGI bits in the movie, but probably not what you guys are thinking. The majority of the visual effects were done the old fashioned way with miniatures and optical composite shots. The skinny alien was a rod puppet filmed separately and then composited into the shots. The only CGI in Alien 3 is the alien head cracking, some shadows from the rod puppet and some debris in the outdoor scenes. They even considered dressing up a Whippet dog in an alien suit, but determined it didn't work. It looked really cute though!

And I do agree that the effects don't hold up well. Those alien shots all have a soft blurry edge on them, and it would be nice to one day see those shots cleaned up.

I was actually thinking the same thing. While CGI was used in the movie, most people assume that it was used to create many of the scenes where we see the Alien running upside down etc. I think I discussed it all at length somewhere in here a while back. The problem isn't exclusive to Alien 3.

Back