Rambo 4 Statue by HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15.jpg

16.jpg

sweetzombiejebus!!!

r12.jpg

r11.jpg

r8.jpg

rme1.jpg

r0.jpg

no wonder HCG 1/6 is not for sale anywhere... i mean look at it.. its the ultimate rambo statue IMHO...

r6.jpg

Personally, I feel like the 1/4 statue is better made overall, but the 1/6 is definitely the best depiction of the character of all the Rambo statues, it really captures the character and I really like that it is very similar to the poster art because I love that image.

Of the HCG pieces, I'm torn between the 1/6 an the 1/2 bust, the bust could use a dirtier paint job but it looks the most bad ass of the 3 HCG portraits, very intense, the 1/6 would look even better with more intensity on the face.

no wonder HCG 1/6 is not for sale anywhere... i mean look at it.. its the ultimate rambo statue IMHO...

It is now :) My repaint has come home and I couldn't be happier :D A very good friend of mine was kind enough to repaint the whole statue, add his facial scar the way it was in Rambo 2 (because that's what it should always be, hated how Rambo 3/4 changed it) and even enhanced the base give the puddle a very realistic look.

19181192292_965a6a0641_b.jpg

19186990545_c9077897ce_b.jpg

19181192212_e6597e4018_b.jpg

18564470464_c78befa323_b.jpg

19186990395_6d54bb4e31_b.jpg

18564470374_6fc58f6efc_b.jpg

19000853489_7ef7776485_b.jpg

19160857496_2c639dc5d1_b.jpg

18564470234_e51060e656_b.jpg

19181191992_1b5fbba0aa_b.jpg

18999428508_e152c63739_b.jpg

18564470174_f3303ed06a_b.jpg

19186990095_f7d93ea656_b.jpg

Amazing repaint, the added scare makes a huge difference, I have the 1/6 as will as the 1/4 Rambo, the 1/4 has a much better paint job. I can't get over how great the 1/6 statue looks when painted professionally, almost looks like a brand new statue made from a different company. It's really sad that HCG refuses to have great sculpts painted properly.

Wish I could find a guy to repaint mine like yours.

Do you have the 1/3 HCG Rambo bust? I don't have that one, it's still available.

Which 1/3 scale bust are you referring to? I have the Rambo 2 Legendary Scale bust from Sideshow / HCG which is 1/3, I also have the Rambo 4 bust from HCG and Edinho which is 1/2 scale, and the 1/4 scale HCG Rambo statue sculpted by Edinho.

The 1/4 and the 1/2 scale pieces definitely have better paint than the 1/6, but I feel like a lot of that comes down to them being clean, the weathering on clothes and all is to the same level on all 3, but what really hurt the 1/6 was the cartoony look to the dirt on his face, it just looked so fake, if i his skin had been clean it would have been better. They also put a lot of blood on his right arm which was never there.

Edinho's a pretty good sculptor, I really like all his Rambo 4 pieces that HCG sold, I would love to get his 1/4 scale Rocky from them, but don't have the money, maybe if that changes and it's still out there.

My only real issue with Edinho's sculpting is the hair, it's the weakest point on all the Rambo 4 pieces he did.

I was talking about the Rambo 4 1/2 bust by Hollywood Collectibles, that bust is still in stock, they had a one day sale for $99, but I missed it. What do you think of that bust?

I have the Rocky 1/4 HCG, it's a really nice statue, it's been sold out for over a year, I just saw one on ebay going for $500, I think they went for $275 when they were first released, but that was five years ago, that statue took years to sell out and now you can't find them. It's amazing how much 1/4 statues and all collectibles are going for now, that same statue released today would go for $400+. Good luck finding one, I would look on the for sale section of this site, you never know when one might turn up, contacting Edinho Maga on facebook is another option, he may have one for sale.

On Rambo and Rocky collectibles it's really sad that know one is doing much anymore, Neca does some Rambo and Rocky figs but 6 inch doesn't really appeal to me, love to see some high end stuff. I thought with the new Rocky film "Creed" that we would see a lot of new Rocky collectibles prior to the release of the film in November, but that isn't happening, but we do have a chance for more Rambo collectibles when "Last Blood" the final Rambo film is released in two years.

it is now :) my repaint has come home and i couldn't be happier :d a very good friend of mine was kind enough to repaint the whole statue, add his facial scar the way it was in rambo 2 (because that's what it should always be, hated how rambo 3/4 changed it) and even enhanced the base give the puddle a very realistic look.

19181192292_965a6a0641_b.jpg

19186990545_c9077897ce_b.jpg

19181192212_e6597e4018_b.jpg

18564470464_c78befa323_b.jpg

19186990395_6d54bb4e31_b.jpg

18564470374_6fc58f6efc_b.jpg

19000853489_7ef7776485_b.jpg

19160857496_2c639dc5d1_b.jpg

18564470234_e51060e656_b.jpg

19181191992_1b5fbba0aa_b.jpg

18999428508_e152c63739_b.jpg

18564470174_f3303ed06a_b.jpg

19186990095_f7d93ea656_b.jpg

INCREDIBLE repaint!! :thud:

Really shows how great the sculpt is. Would love to have mine repainted like that.

I was talking about the Rambo 4 1/2 bust by Hollywood Collectibles, that bust is still in stock, they had a one day sale for $99, but I missed it. What do you think of that bust?

I have the Rocky 1/4 HCG, it's a really nice statue, it's been sold out for over a year, I just saw one on ebay going for $500, I think they went for $275 when they were first released, but that was five years ago, that statue took years to sell out and now you can't find them. It's amazing how much 1/4 statues and all collectibles are going for now, that same statue released today would go for $400+. Good luck finding one, I would look on the for sale section of this site, you never know when one might turn up, contacting Edinho Maga on facebook is another option, he may have one for sale.

On Rambo and Rocky collectibles it's really sad that know one is doing much anymore, Neca does some Rambo and Rocky figs but 6 inch doesn't really appeal to me, love to see some high end stuff. I thought with the new Rocky film "Creed" that we would see a lot of new Rocky collectibles prior to the release of the film in November, but that isn't happening, but we do have a chance for more Rambo collectibles when "Last Blood" the final Rambo film is released in two years.

The 1/2 scale Rambo 4 bust is really nice, for some, it's probably best at a sale price, it's lighter than the 1/4 scale statue which is a big deal to some people, and the knife is plastic. The paint is clean but very basic, just like the 1/4 and 1/6 statues, but it really stands out with that much flesh and no variation in the skin. I'd say Edinho's only weakness is hair, especially this Rambo 4 hair, his separated strands look too thick and cartoony, especially at the larger scale. Being my favorite film in the series, I love it despite the flaws. Would love to have one repainted all dirty like the end scene, but I also like it clean so I'd have to buy a second if I was ever going to do that, though it would benefit from a proper "clean" paint job.

If I can every get the Rocky 1/4 scale great, if not, no big deal, I'd rather Edinho's private Rocky II piece anyway, that raising the belt moment is my most favorite in the series and what I'd want most in statue form.

As for Rocky/Rambo merchandise, as popular and marketable as Stallone is as an actor, his film are some of the least marketable for collectibles, they're always just a guy, not many sci-fi films and those he's done are deemed some of the worst in his career. It's just not as big a sell 30 years later as Arnold's films which are limited to Predator and Terminator but still more popular franchises for products. I've come to accept the lack of Rocky/Rambo products and just jump at the ones that do come along and cater to my liking. I'm very glad for NECA's figures and continue to collect those.

It's a shame Edinho's done with HCG as that was a nice, affordable means to his work which is a bit more expensive in private sales, but I get his stance and respect that.

INCREDIBLE repaint!! :thud:

Really shows how great the sculpt is. Would love to have mine repainted like that.

Many collector's take for granted just how amazing the best looking pieces are because it's never one person carrying it through. If you're a little off with sculpt, or paint, or tailoring, you can totally change the quality of a piece.

Edinho's Stallone sculpts have a style to them and aren't quite to the level of some of the other statue and model makers out there, but at the same time, there's a lot of good stuff there that is often lost in paint, and even some of his private sale pieces to me aren't there in the paint department and would be to another level with the right paint.

HCG happens to turn his sculpts into very cartoony pieces that just don't live up to today's standards. Thankfully my friend has amazing talent and really elevated this piece, but frankly, even if I repainted it myself it would have been better than the factory paint which was somewhat below the quality you'd get from a $20 NECA figure at Toys R Us, which is sad on a $150 statue.

What I love most about this paint job is how the emotion on the face is transformed, the original was just very flat, almost happy looking, but the repaint makes me feel like the statue would come to life and stab me in my sleep :lol

Here's a couple comparisons of mine before and after at roughly the same angles, just a huge transformation.

8402050611_eff2e1dae6_b.jpg

19203781372_ed99dfa264_b.jpg

8403139552_4d23265780_b.jpg

19022001950_a7768351e4_b.jpg

If I had the money, part of me would want to have all my Rambo statues repainted, every one of them, including the Sideshow PF, would look so much better with a proper paint job, none of them really live up to their sculpts, but, at the same time, there is some value for me in having the pieces as the originally were, I got to shoot the PF for Sideshow's product page so I wouldn't want to change that one, the HCG pieces are nice to just appreciate for what they are. I had this particular statue done because for me, the pose captures the character better than any other could, and I wanted the whole thing to be up to a certain level, and now it's the most treasured item in my whole collection, not just Rambo.

That's an awesome repaint, it really shows the skills of the painter (especially the portrait) and how well done the original sculpt was. Gotta wonder how many statues out there are like that. I'd say about half give or take.

Great movie too.

Maulfan I have Edinho's Rocky II statue with Rocky raising the belt, that statue is a must have for any stallone fan, incredible statue and the facial likeness to Stallone is spot on perfection, the painter Edinho used does sweat on the face and body, and the effect is so life like you feel that you're in the final scene of Rocky II while looking at it, only statue I have that gives you that feeling while on display. I got one that has a sound system base, when you press a button on the back of the base it plays the sound bite "Yo Adrian, I did it!" Edinho only made about 10 of those sound system bases so I was very lucky to get one. I also have his 1/4 Drago, if it wasn't for Edinho I wouldn't have much on display, thank god for that guy lol.

A couple of collectors did video reviews of the Rocky II statue on youtube, you should check them out.

Maulfan I have Edinho's Rocky II statue with Rocky raising the belt, that statue is a must have for any stallone fan, incredible statue and the facial likeness to Stallone is spot on perfection, the painter Edinho used does sweat on the face and body, and the effect is so life like you feel that you're in the final scene of Rocky II while looking at it, only statue I have that gives you that feeling while on display. I got one that has a sound system base, when you press a button on the back of the base it plays the sound bite "Yo Adrian, I did it!" Edinho only made about 10 of those sound system bases so I was very lucky to get one. I also have his 1/4 Drago, if it wasn't for Edinho I wouldn't have much on display, thank god for that guy lol.
A couple of collectors did video reviews of the Rocky II statue on youtube, you should check them out.

I can attest to this-I received the Rocky II statue around Christmas time and it is sheer perfection-you will not be disappointed if you purchase it. I just recently picked up the 1:4 Rambo IV statue and love that one also. Stallone definitely needs more love in the collecting world-the man is a true icon! I love the COBRA statue that is on Edinho's website.

I'm pretty impressed with the 1/6 Rambo 2 Edinho's working on, but with the Sideshow PF and multiple action figures representing that look I just don't feel a need to pursue it, though right price and time I'd probably bite haha.

Edinho does seem to have found a better painter or they've gotten better along the way. I think the pieces of his I like least painted are his lifesize Rambo busts, especially the eyes, the sculpts are very impressive but the paint isn't there, it's almost the quality of a small statue blown up and it doesn't work as well. I love how Stallone has these statues at his home, he's as much a fan as we are.

I'm pretty impressed with the 1/6 Rambo 2 Edinho's working on, but with the Sideshow PF and multiple action figures representing that look I just don't feel a need to pursue it, though right price and time I'd probably bite haha.

Edinho does seem to have found a better painter or they've gotten better along the way. I think the pieces of his I like least painted are his lifesize Rambo busts, especially the eyes, the sculpts are very impressive but the paint isn't there, it's almost the quality of a small statue blown up and it doesn't work as well. I love how Stallone has these statues at his home, he's as much a fan as we are.

I agree with you on the busts, but the Rambo II life size bust by Edinho is great, just can't afford it right now.

I currently have 11 Maga statues, I missed Edinho's Cobra statue, wish I could get that one but he said it's sold out, but he did tell me that he's going to release a different version of Cobra soon. He did two Expendables statues, but I hate those films and that character so thats an easy pass.

The Stallone statue I was looking forward to was Blitzway's 1/4 Rocky II with Rocky in street clothes with Butkus the dog, doesn't look like thats going to happen, I asked Edinho if he would do a Rocky in street clothes from either Rocky or Rocky II, he said maybe, you would have thought Hot Toys or Enterbay would have done that version by now.

Back