Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought it was just mine, but it seems the production versions all have a particular warp to the dome on the limited edition helmet. His right side of the eyebrow and dome. are stretched out and his left is pinched the way both sides were in the original pictured prototype.... in other words it's not symmetrical and it seems to match current product pix online, too

It does look a tiny bit warped don't it?

Mine is coming in today. Not sure if I'll be home to sign for it. But tomorrow I should definitely be able to check mine.

IMG_4864.jpgIMG_7004.jpg
It does look a tiny bit warped don't it?

Mine is coming in today. Not sure if I'll be home to sign for it. But tomorrow I should definitely be able to check mine.

The prototype resembles the side that looks pinched or concave vs the rounder flare that looks more like the Vader that ultimately made it to wcreenIMG_7114.jpg

Received Vader today, unfortunately one of the tusks was damaged. Already contacted sideshow about it.
Otherwise great piece, very happy to complete the set.

2de4c4296bb9d7dd61feac20dd43397c.jpg
d175cb9ff0834cc2f5c6851f7fb48cf0.jpg
44f0ed69e6a07f19ee381056edefc899.jpg

I got mine today. And a huge chunk of his cape is broken off the side. I contacted Sideshow and am waiting to hear back from them. Also the neck where the cape comes around the front it looks to be peeling or chipped as well.

Dang. Hope they replace it without issue.

2017-05-17 15.53.42.jpg
2017-05-17 15.55.08.jpg

I got mine today. And a huge chunk of his cape is broken off the side. I contacted Sideshow and am waiting to hear back from them. Also the neck where the cape comes around the front it looks to be peeling or chipped as well.

Dang. Hope they replace it without issue.

View attachment 342364
View attachment 342365

I hope you get a replacement, mine was cracked in the same spot :(

Yeah it's disappointing. But I'm hopeful they'll get it replaced.

Did you contact them as well?

I did - I actually just heard from them. They said they have a replacement. I just wanted the body replaced but it looks like they replace the whole statue now just to make sure the statue fits into the base. I wanted to keep my number, I got #8 but who knows what number I'll get now. My luck sucks. I hope they have a replacement for you too

I heard back about the warped dome. All of them are like that Sideshow said it was normal

What bothers me is that while it is the norm, it wasn't intentional. For $500 that's BAD QC

The prototype wasn't rounded on one side of the dome. Something got warped.

Anyone who has this. I encourage you to send them an email. This is unacceptable.

Back