Ralph McQuarrie Artist Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stormtrooper is looking like it just got ready to replace some parts on a rain damaged roof: drill in one hand, the tile in the other. :p

the needlessly tall bases bug the heck out of me.

I'm not typically bothered by that, but they seem out of place here and just a way to make the statues seem bigger. The only sketches we have of McQuarrie Stormtroopers were on flat Death Star floors, so that should've been the base for this statue.

11012186_933463426710635_7088689005257179649_n.jpg

I'm not typically bothered by that, but they seem out of place here and just a way to make the statues seem bigger. The only sketches we have of McQuarrie Stormtroopers were on flat Death Star floors, so that should've been the base for this statue.

It's meant to fit in with the mythos which have even plainer tall bases (literally it's basically sitting on a 1 or so riser ;p) so if you don't have a problem with those then I don't see why you would for that. At least they put something into these bases :|

at least the mythos base is "uniform" (meaning one cohesive piece). These look like a cobbled together and disjointed mess...

if you want to give me a tall "environment" base, fine, but don't add that crap on the bottom! It is really off-putting. They did the same with the recent wolvie PF...I just don't get it, especially after seeing how nice the new sonja base is.

disappointing, the base looks so meh. will give this a pass and wait for XM star war pieces.

Stormtrooper is painted. It has the muted paints like McQuarrie.

Review_ConceptStormtrooper_still_zpsc1e02920.jpg

But, they'd likely be white like the Stormtroopers we know.

Back