Raising Detolf with Cubes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowOfTheRoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've seen other threads about raising Detolfs with Expedit (already discontinued) and Kallax, but I was wondering if anyone here has seen these Cube-Storage-Unit in Closet Modular Storage. They claim each unit can hold up to 200 pounds. I just wanted to know if anyone has used these for their Detolf. I was thinking of purchasing 5 to hold up 4 Detolf which should be easy for these, so I might just need 4.

I would be leery of anything without a vertical center support. That said, it wouldn't be hard to go to a home improvement store and buy a 2X4 cut into the correct length.

Yeah, i had that exact plan in mind. Not too expensive either. But then why promote something like 200 pounds if they hadn't tested it already? I also saw these on eBay.

I recommend these: Stackable One Door Storage Cube - White in Storage Cubes

I have six of them for my detolfs and they're dirt cheap too. They are made of particle board but the contact points and pressure from the detolf align with the side walls of the box so no worries.

Man! These are better! Less expensive, and the size matches that of the Detolf. I just don't like the color, but I can always paint them myself.

So you had one Detolf for each Cube then? Do you have any pictures available so I can see how they look? I would really appreciate it.

Back