Rainman's Projects... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but we're really not hatin' on things, our expectations are high because Rainman outdoes himself every time in terms of excellence. It's a lot of money to dish out and most of us realize there may never be another chance to see a Tyler Durdan figure of this caliber, because fight club and brad pit merch is next to none. For not only the price, but the opportunity alone is enough to get ast least myself, to go out on a limb nd offer constructive feedback. As i mentioned, I do like the face but agree that the photoshop mods around the mouth would help the sculpt a lot, I think the hair needs further refinement, its a hard hairdoo to pull off, less clumpy around the top should do the trick. otherwise im more than happy!

Ive mostly avoided the this thread completly until these last couple days. Mostly i do not like to get excited over these things until I know im going to be getting one.

True, but we're really not hatin' on things, our expectations are high because Rainman outdoes himself every time in terms of excellence. It's a lot of money to dish out and most of us realize there may never be another chance to see a Tyler Durdan figure of this caliber, because fight club and brad pit merch is next to none. For not only the price, but the opportunity alone is enough to get ast least myself, to go out on a limb nd offer constructive feedback. As i mentioned, I do like the face but agree that the photoshop mods around the mouth would help the sculpt a lot, I think the hair needs further refinement, its a hard hairdoo to pull off, less clumpy around the top should do the trick. otherwise im more than happy!

Ive mostly avoided the this thread completly until these last couple days. Mostly i do not like to get excited over these things until I know im going to be getting one.

There are people saying they cannot see the likeness... thats not constructive or even remotely sane.

Likeness - 3 : the quality or state of being like : resemblance (If you think that looks nothing like Tyler you need vision correction, not toys)

I think if Tyler saw this thread, he'd put a gun to alot of our heads and tell us we had 2 weeks to get our ???? togeather.

Yea, and thats not directed at you, just the people saying the likeness flat out isn't there.

i havent seen anybody post to that effect yet, everybody has been very constructive in my opinion and rightly so

There are people saying they cannot see the likeness... thats not constructive or even remotely sane.

Likeness - 3 : the quality or state of being like : resemblance (If you think that looks nothing like Tyler you need vision correction, not toys)

I think if Tyler saw this thread, he'd put a gun to alot of our heads and tell us we had 2 weeks to get our ???? togeather.

I say that the likeness was off but I post a photoshopped picture with the things that I think wrong!

I think its the paint throwing this off since the wip photo looked awesome but if the sculpt comes looking like the teaser date thing I'll probably drop out of this since I can't afford to be getting this figure repainted on top of the actual price personally. I might have to wait until hot toys show their IB figure for my Pitt figure.
I can't wait to see some final images though , this outfit should be awesome.

Oops I did it again :D

MODIF.jpg

you think he needs more wrinkles and dirty, blotchy skin, eh? :p

I appreciate the efforts, but the photoshops look terrible, imo.

I think the sculpt is perfect as is, it's the paint that's throwing it off

I agree the paint, specifically the lower eyelid pink and the uniform color of the hair could use changing. But the face and hair sculpts are fine.

those mods really do help a lot. it looks a little creepy but gets the point across for sure. I can see the issues with the eyes now, the forehead wrinkles and eye bags add a lot. I really think Rainman does not have to do much to mod this sculpt. its basic detalings.

I agree with all of Ray's point :lecture

This man knows what he's talking bout here.

Neo, which lense color did you end up getting for the OP 523? And I heard that they are re-issued, for the 2nd time again this year?

The red of course :)
I don't know for the re-issued!
Tell me if you find anything! :D

I'm a huge fan of Rainman's and have all four of his gunmen. I have been waiting years for a good Tyler Durden to come around, which is why I was so excited to hear that Rainman was finally making one. I've been following this thread since page 1, and I have to agree with the general consensus that there is something a little 'off' about the sculpt. After looking at all the photo reference and comparing it to the sculpt pics, it seems that his jaw is just a little too wide. Also, Brad has lines around the sides of his mouth, and lips that seem more "full" than the sculpt exhibits. However, I can live with all the differences as I feel the likeness is really pretty good overall - I can even live with the hair if highlights are painted on the final version. I think the thing that really bothers me the most is not really the paint on the eyes (although I agree with Entropy Chicken there), but rather the *shape* of the eyes. Compare all the pics of the sculpt we've seen to pics of Brad from the film. Don't Brad's eyes seem more rounded than the sculpt's? Simply put, the eyes have to look spot-on for me to truly LOVE this Tyler Durden. If Rainman elects not to alter the sculpt and consider it finished, then I am hopeful for more Brad Pitt-esque painted eyes. We all know how much paint can affect or ruin an otherwise fantastic sculpt (ie. Sideshow's prototype vs. production painted eyes - although I admit they're finally getting better). I hope some last-minute mods can be made to truly make this a Rainman masterpiece.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. It's just my two cents.

The red of course :)
I don't know for the re-issued!
Tell me if you find anything! :D

Its not just red, its "gothic rose":lol

The OP 523 was discontinued since 2000, although its still being released annually at the japan market.

And that early this year, to celebrate 10 years ann of fight club, OP released a limited of 75 pieces of the silver/gothic rose and 75 pieces of gold/brown, which was a sold out in an instant.

Prices were going for 800-1000 for a pair, until they just announced that they 'found' another 200 pairs in their warehouse. Which they will release again soon:rotfl

In some pics his eyes are more open, in some they are like this. I think any difference in eye shape is so slight that it's covered under the subtle flexing of the orbicularis oculi muscle, depending upon expression. :huh

However, I haven't seen one pic of him yet with a noticeable amount of pink showing in his lower lids.

brad_pitt_10.jpg

I just re-read some of rainman's previous work, and that he's got a penchant for small details. Like the ugly's rings and necklace:

tuco01.jpg

tuco02.jpg

why arent we seeing any of tyler's rings, or most important of all, THESE:

3875287280_f08cc06a58.jpg

for the same reason we haven't seen pics of his pants, jacket, shirt, etc. yet. I'm sure we'll have seen all pics by this time next week.

Back