Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have but no response! Look if this isn't important to the majority of people who are seriously going to buy the twins then I'll leave it alone and possibly pass on it, but if some of ya'll see what I'm getting at then can we get with it already? Nobody noticed this ****?

Is this what it's gonna look like? Yes they are twins but WTF man, does the hair gotta look exactly the same too!
94C93006-C8FA-426F-9C58-57DB85086CA1_zpssmayzjwf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can understand your point that it will be be better if there were subtle changes on the hair for each of them, but that would mean another additional mold being made, and time spent for rainman to sculpt it. Which would also mean higher price.

Maybe if it bothers you that much, create a thread with polls and see how many are actually bothered by it and if they'd be ok with the price bump. Not a guarantee that rainman will make changes, but it's worth the shot.

Can't get over how amazing this sculpt looks! I have no intention of getting the Twins, no matter how rare or how good they look just not that big of fan, however I really want Danny and the Trike, hope I can afford them but if all else fails ill be extremely happy with just Torrance, just the sculpt has me pumped for the whole figure, curious what the Full Set exclusive item will be.

I know it's a long shot, with so many sculpts on rainman' plate.

But wouldn't it be cool if the secret item is a bust of:

FrozenJackTorrance.jpg

I know it's a long shot, with so many sculpts on rainman' plate.

But wouldn't it be cool if the secret item is a bust of:

FrozenJackTorrance.jpg

This Would Be AWESOME! I would buy that in a flash. Please push that suggestion foward! :clap :duff

Last edited:
On another note; has there been any word from Rainman on whether he will tweak the hair on the twins? I understand that he has already sent the twin sculpt to the casters. Now unless he only showed us just the one sculpt and there is another with a different sculpted hair pattern, how will they look unique? It's not going to look right fellas.

Robbie any opinion on this? Maybe I'm not articulating my point well enough but how is using the sculpt the exact same way going to give off the illusion well. There are subtle differences between the two that he can easily distinguish if he were to tweak the hairstyle a bit (assuming he's planning on using the same exact sculpt.)

Is this what it's gonna look like? Assuming that Rainman is only using one sculpt for both twins based on Hydeous' comment.
[/URL][/IMG]

Dude I hear you. But maybe it will differ in the paint? Or maybe he has some other way to distinguish the two. I have no idea. I'm just staying focused on the trike and making sure I can get everything right for it.

I think the more made to order quantity Rainman is doing is brilliant. I think the preorder heart attack/ unnessisary rarity of the figures is meaningless. This is a win win for everyone. This all coming from one of Rainman's oldest VIP members.

As to the price itself, the reality is that over 200 figures in my collection means that I don't really need to spend an extra grand for twins or Danny or a bike etc even though I know it will all be great stuff. I care about Jack and his axe and I care about it being painted by Rainman himeslf. And that's what I plan on getting out of this and whatever the most modest cost to do that is is the way I plan to go.

I can understand your point that it will be be better if there were subtle changes on the hair for each of them, but that would mean another additional mold being made, and time spent for rainman to sculpt it. Which would also mean higher price.

Maybe if it bothers you that much, create a thread with polls and see how many are actually bothered by it and if they'd be ok with the price bump. Not a guarantee that rainman will make changes, but it's worth the shot.

But Hydeous why do I have to go through all of that. Rainman does not like all of that drama and doing so will set me up to look like a trouble maker when this is a genuine request here from someone who is serious about purchasing this.

That concept of the twins is amazing, the fact that he is making it is amazing. Why cut corners with it after so much effort. This is going to be a pricey set anyways why leave out such an important detail! He has tweaked hair before. He did it with Anton and Vince. This is so much more of a necessary fix. I don't understand how he doesn't see this, and I appeal this concern to you because apparently you've been behind the scenes with this. I ask you to please bring this to his attention. If you already have and he will not change it then I guess it's a lost cause which is a shame.

I'm not going to keep bringing this up because it's coming off as a demand and that's not what this is. So with that said, I'll wait until he reveals it completed. If it's the same than I'm not going to buy it. I suspect a lot of other people looking at it will consider that option as well. It's an amazing piece of work but the hair pattern should be different for both. It's the most logical way to distinguish them from each other. They were sister twins...... not a Double Vision image.

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Can't get over how amazing this sculpt looks! I have no intention of getting the Twins, no matter how rare or how good they look just not that big of fan, however I really want Danny and the Trike, hope I can afford them but if all else fails ill be extremely happy with just Torrance, just the sculpt has me pumped for the whole figure, curious what the Full Set exclusive item will be.

I like the idea of the twins and think in the right collection it would be amazing, but they are creepy as **** and I don't think I'd have the space to really do the set justice.

I initially thought I might just want Jack, but then I started thinking about how cool a dedicated Shining Detolf shelf would be, with Jack, Danny, the twins, and a backdrop from the film. . .price will probably help me decide if I want to go all in or stick with the H+C set.

Last edited:
I initially thought I might just want Jack, but then I started thinking about how cool a dedicated Shining Detolf shelf would be, with Jack, Danny, the twins, and a backdrop from the film. . .price will probably help me decide if I want to go all in or stick with the H+C set.
I am in the same spot. Would need to move some stuff if I can't resist that DX, but man would that look cool.

And here we go with the whinning don't like it don't buy it! If it bothers you that much pay to have it modded...... It's one thing making a request but keep going in and you'll find yourself in the boat Denny is in where they decide to give up making pieces!

Nothing is going to be pefect especially with not lickers always something boots, hair..... Etc when ever I see a rainman thread I see those kindda people! Make a request email him don't keep moaning like some spoiled ungrateful kid!

As for this I'm very excited I'm dipping out on this for lack of love but it looks badass!
My next question is how many figures does Rainman bring out a year? I enjoy seeing his new work.

On behalf of the commuinty thank you rainman for making awesome Art!
Legend!

It's funny how many people complain in the rainman threads in general. But u got to a massed produced figure thread theirs complaing but not to this level. And we know how many time the massed produced stuff is f##cked up. I've alwaysed felt the same way if u don't like the product don't buy it. I just don't want someone like lee to be ran out of town with all the complaing, because if that happens then we're all screwed in the end because we will miss out on these awesome pieces. With that being said I think jack is looking really good!!!!!

I don't know... some of the whining, complaingin and bickering in other threads is pretty epic; just here it's the usually the same guys going at it over and over again with each release.

for the records i wasnt complaining, just wanted to share this pic :)
i ll stick with H&C option anyway

Jack is the best Rainman release in a several time IMO

Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

^^!For me - I would love to get Dx set but I have seen that off all the figures I have bought I get so excited about all the lil accessories and I never display them (space etc) I keep buying all the accurate stuff and I let them all sit in boxes. lovely as everything sounds, I will 90 pct stick to h and c assuming I can get one and if the price is right I may stretch to the trike and Danny - however twins are really out of the question for me as of now.
H and c have always made me happy and have been in my budget sweet spot as they don't hit a big dent in monthly budget and I can still avoid derailing my other collection interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone link me to his website where i can buy this from?And when does the order go up?

The Headsculpt looks great so far!

Back