Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not with the outfit that he is including it with...

Levit, your taking the tony finger too literal. It's just suppossed to be a nice little extra if he decides to do it for us. Just a little somthing extra. We should probably be worrying more about the wrong pattern on Jacks plaid shirt, and those very pink soles on the boots....and possibly Rainman tweaking Danny's hair bangs a bit.

Jack looks really great. The whole thing does hinge on that figure in some ways, because it would be hard to get excited about complementary pieces if it didn't come out well. However, I'm not too overly excited about him alone, because he is missing some of those things that often set Rainman releases apart. Particularly in the area of accessories. All Rainman is doing for him is the head sculpt, shoes, and axe. The distinctive and impressive pieces, intricate details and innovative production techniques you often see on some of the 'Man's accessories are missing here. But the complementary pieces more than offset this deficiency.

I've been waiting on this one for a long time and I love the way Jack turned out, so I am overly excited for him, but he definitely is light in the accessories department. I know not everyone feels this way but I think his skills would have shone brighter thru accessories than they are thru the twins. Hopefully he or someone else will tackle these to top off the set in the near future

Yeah, just thinking about Bickle's belt, Bill's knives (however inaccurate), the Dude's shot glass, Doc's pistols, Anton's captive bolt, etc. Little things in some cases, but they make a big difference in why Rainman figures stand apart from just about everything else. My two cents. Not that I'm knocking the full figure here at all, or folks who went for it. I was going to get the figure alone no matter what myself. But my excitement over Jack alone was tamped down when we didn't see another cool little extra like the whiskey bottle or typewriter or whatever. Rainman is the king of 1/6 scale accessories IMO.

There was a deleted scene where Danny talks to Tony in his coveralls, and his eyes are
Straight ahead, because he's contemplating.

Yeah, just thinking about Bickle's belt, Bill's knives (however inaccurate), the Dude's shot glass, Doc's pistols, Anton's captive bolt, etc. Little things in some cases, but they make a big difference in why Rainman figures stand apart from just about everything else. My two cents. Not that I'm knocking the full figure here at all, or folks who went for it. I was going to get the figure alone no matter what myself. But my excitement over Jack alone was tamped down when we didn't see another cool little extra like the whiskey bottle or typewriter or whatever. Rainman is the king of 1/6 scale accessories IMO.

It would be nice to have some xtras. Maybe we could get him to make a seperate accessory package, for the $80 or $100 discount we got on Jack.

Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

I have been mentioning the typewriter for a long time and it was always shot down. I am really amazed why that was never there to begin with.

I will put it very simply where I stand on shining - i think the integral part of shining is jack and then Danny -how would it be if Danny came without a trike? - that's exactly how it is for Jack not being pumped with key accessories!

The axe is a given - its like having a jacket for Jack!. So I don't count axe as a biggie and also cause it's so simple to do! (Relatively for a guy of his caliber) he could possible do the axe without ever touching a hobby knife - swoosh just like that!

But typewriter is really really an accessory that would have pushed many (probably many) towards a grand package!

I've been waiting on this one for a long time and I love the way Jack turned out, so I am overly excited for him, but he definitely is light in the accessories department. I know not everyone feels this way but I think his skills would have shone brighter thru accessories than they are thru the twins. Hopefully he or someone else will tackle these to top off the set in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that I wish Jack came with more, and I believe I am one of the few that went with the plain Fullset (I just could not swing any more than that). I also think that the best accessories for Jack are the ones that Rainman and Robbie chose to make (twins, Danny, trike) as the Shining isn't defined by Jack the same way other horror movies are by their lead. Still would have been nice for something to distinguish Jack from the rest - as it stands, the best Shining display may just be the twins and Danny (that way you don't clutter it up with a rather out-of-place Jack leering in the back).

Sorry just completing my post above! Imagine a display where in Danny is on carpet and whoever bought grand they have twins also on a carpet and then Jack on a simple Stand - I also feel a simple carpet stand should have been a part of Jack - "full set onwards" as that would make a symmetric and classy display!

I have been mentioning the typewriter for a long time and it was always shot down. I am really amazed why that was never there to begin with.

I will put it very simply where I stand on shining - i think the integral part of shining is jack and then Danny -how would it be if Danny came without a trike? - that's exactly how it is for Jack not being pumped with key accessories!

The axe is a given - its like having a jacket for Jack!. So I don't count axe as a biggie and also cause it's so simple to do! (Relatively for a guy of his caliber) he could possible do the axe without ever touching a hobby knife - swoosh just like that!

But typewriter is really really an accessory that would have pushed many (probably many) towards a grand package!

The Grand Package actually was the best selling option out of the entire offering, so no I think your mistaken .....no one needed a typewriter to convince them to buy the Grand Package.

Thank heavens he challenged himself with somthing as unique and worthy of his talent as the Twins, instead of accessories you can easily part from a brothers production figure. I'd rather have somthing different that can never be replicated at this level and the twins are exactly that.

Last edited:

The Grand Package actually was the best selling option out of the entire offering, so no I think your mistaken .....no one needed a typewriter to convince them to buy the Grand Package.

Thank Heavens he challenged himself with somthing as unique and worthy of his talent as the Twins are instead of accessories you part from a brothers production figure.

Are you parting and substituting head sculpt? Garment and axe from brothers production?

Cause you are essentially putting rainman in that caliber :) ...

But well - you are you ;)

Are you parting and substituting head sculpt? Garment and axe from brothers production?

Cause you are essentially putting rainman in that caliber :) ...

But well - you are you ;)

What? I'm sorry you're not making any sense. Can you try and explain that again!

English, mother******.... do you speak it!? Hehe. :)

:rotfl Exactly!!!!

I got the brothers type writer and it is WONDERFUL...I suggest you guys pick that up...now if you wants typewriter from RM just to say it's a RM typewriter then cool...but at this point...it's like turbo said....the twins will never be touched by any company unless they somehow miraculously come out with an entire line based on the shining movie....

Here is how I think it should have been priced / packaged:
I know I will be attacked but who cares :) we are all here to speak our mind!

H and c - the way it is
Full figure : with carpet stand and typewriter 1100-1150
Dx figure - all of above and jack and trike - 2250-2300
Twins : either extra or as grand
With grand 600 additional (2850) and extra as regular rate so anyone could buy it as a supplement!

I never said he should not have done the twins! I said "probably more" would buy it with all of above in that set!

Bored at home so I decided to model this in the last hour or so.
Its still early, rough, and simple wireframe - but shows what is possible.
but I do have access to a 3d printer, and finer details will be made in the latter part of sculpting. (i.e raised Jack logo on bottle etc.)

If people are actually interested, I can start an interest thread and do a complete set of accessories:

- Jack Bottle (With pouring spout, not cap)
- Glass with Jack and Ice in it
- Room 237 key
- Tennis Ball
- Typewriter (if printer can handle it, and if there is enough interest)

let me know guys, this is the kind of thing i specialize in.

cheers~

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 3.15.39 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 3.18.52 PM.jpg

Last edited:
but I do have access to a 3d printer, and finer details will be made in the latter part of sculpting. (i.e raised Jack logo on bottle etc.)

If people are actually interested, I can start an interest thread and do a complete set of accessories:

- Room 237 key
- Tennis Ball

cheers~

View attachment 159249
View attachment 159250

Color me interested!

the-shining-the-shining-16869350-500-333.jpg

- Room 237 key
- Tennis Ball

cheers~

View attachment 159249
View attachment 159250

Definitely interested man! More so for the Alcohol and a tennis ball haha

Ok guys, I will start an interest thread.
jackaccessories_wip.jpeg
jackaccessories_wip1.jpeg
This is just this afternoon messing around, so with good time and dedication i can perfect each of them.
I am going to attempt the typewriter as well.
Will link thread here when it is up, making it later today.

Last edited:
Back