RAINMAN ARTWORK - Walter White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad he's not offering this entire figure!!
This is THE custom figure that I would be glad to pay Rainman price point for.

Had this idea been pitched to the members here on SSF, it would have bombed. If you don't already know, you will notice that unless the figure 'pops' on the shelf, it's not worth RM's time. It seems irrelevant how classic the show or actor may be.

For that reason I don't blame the lucky SOB that owns this, because he very well knows how this would have been received on here.

Last edited:
^^ Not sure I follow what your saying...

I'm familiar with Rainmans work. I dont own any.... But in my opinion, this is the best figure l've seen from him

I personally don't think this offering would have bombed on here...
It's the last representation of the complete Walter White..
More than just the typical shades and pork pie hatted Heisenburg persona and chem related accessories.

This piece is just the man... the genius.
I love that about the last episode. All real fans would.
That's all the 'pop' it needs.
It's stunning!

^^ Not sure I follow what your saying...

I'm familiar with Rainmans work. I dont own any.... But in my opinion, this is the best figure l've seen from him

I personally don't think this offering would have bombed on here...
It's the last representation of the complete Walter White..
More than just the typical shades and pork pie hatted Heisenburg persona and chem related accessories.

This piece is just the man... the genius.
I love that about the last episode. All real fans would.
That's all the 'pop' it needs.
It's stunning!

I actually don't think you follow what I am saying haha. I completely agree with you, so that is why I ranted the way I did. All too often members on here don't want a RM figure in a 'jacket and shirt'. It's ostentatious or nothing for a lot of the RM fans. Personally I have never understood this form of collecting. I want figures from iconic shows or just iconic actors, regardless of their attire. My point is, this would have bombed because it doesn't 'pop' for the majority, and this often displayed attitude has damaged the hopes of ever getting something like this released more generally.

Yeah, this is one I would have to go for if RM was doing it as a wide release. Mediocre '90s Dracula movie figure? No thanks. But, it is what it is! Congrats to the guy who commissioned it.

I actually don't think you follow what I am saying haha. I completely agree with you, so that is why I ranted the way I did. All too often members on here don't want a RM figure in a 'jacket and shirt'. It's ostentatious or nothing for a lot of the RM fans. Personally I have never understood this form of collecting. I want figures from iconic shows or just iconic actors, regardless of their attire. My point is, this would have bombed because it doesn't 'pop' for the majority, and this often displayed attitude has damaged the hopes of ever getting something like this released more generally.

Got it.
I see your point.
I still think this is so well excuted that it's beyond easy to appreciate!! Even to the collectors you mentioned.. granted you always have those critics.
I would have definitely made this my 1st figure from Rainman. No other custom I've seen compares imo. Worth every theoretical penny. Shame it wasn't offered.

I agree with both Kara and Meth. The is the definitive, simple genius, in his simple classic look. I look for representations of iconic figures, regardless what their attire is. The RM brand seems to have gone the way of "pop", "must stand out", even if it is a second or third tier character/film. Too many people in the ear bombarding him on social media.

^^ And only to sincere fans of those respective films are they worth the price point.

But still nice. I mean everything he has released doesn't have a problem selling out to my knowledge.

It seems irrelevant how classic the show or actor may be.

The Exorcist. The Shining. Taxi Driver. No Country For Old Men. There Will Be Blood. Pulp Fiction. Back To The Future. A Clockwork Orange. Fight Club.

Yeah, the list of non-classic, flash in the pan, fads being passed off as films of real merit simply because of 'shelf presence' is absolutely shameful.:slap

Apart from Gangs Of New York, Tombstone and Coppola's am-dram version of Dracula (that is supposedly up next) I can't see that many 'Meh' movies/characters on Rainman's c.v.

The Exorcist. The Shining. Taxi Driver. No Country For Old Men. There Will Be Blood. Pulp Fiction. Back To The Future. A Clockwork Orange. Fight Club.

Yeah, the list of non-classic, flash in the pan, fads being passed off as films of real merit simply because of 'shelf presence' is absolutely shameful.:slap

Apart from Gangs Of New York, Tombstone and Coppola's am-dram version of Dracula (that is supposedly up next) I can't see that many 'Meh' movies/characters on Rainman's c.v.

What on earth are you talking about?! Try and understand the context of my entire message before getting carried away :duff

:lol

Amazing looking custom Walter White doll pics are posted;

First comment is what's wrong with it.

That folks, is Sideshow Freaks.

Guilty as charged :lol

I do think this is a beautiful figure though, and from those pics the likeness seems to rival Trevor's. I'm sad this wasn't a mass release, as being the last outfit worn by Walt in one of the best TV shows I've seen, it would have been an instant buy.

Well it's all relative opinion.
I can agree with his remarks in a sense.
For every character you name I can think of other classic portraits I'd rather see him do.
Those collectors that post in appreciation this one have their own opinion about what's classic.
The Exorcist, Fight club, and Pulp fiction are nicely done but seem more gimmicky than classic, not to mention the high price.
No country for old men and Doc holiday need the company of the others sharing their screens for impact.
This is the 1st classic piece I see from Rainman I would consider it's appeal as an art statement than just a classic character.
Again all just opinion.

What on earth are you talking about?! Try and understand the context of my entire message before getting carried away :duff

You suggested that 'the look' is the primary deciding factor in the selection of RM releases, to such a degree that it is of no real relevance whether the film/character in question is deemed to have acquired classic status. What was there to misunderstand about that? My pointing out that the majority of his figures would be deemed to be from worthy works by many doesn't constitute my "getting carried away". Just means I don't necessarily agree with what you said.

Well it's all relative opinion.
I can agree with his remarks in a sense.
For every character you name I can think of other classic portraits I'd rather see him do.
Those collectors that post in appreciation this one have their own opinion about what's classic.
The Exorcist, Fight club, and Pulp fiction are nicely done but seem more gimmicky than classic, not to mention the high price.
No country for old men and Doc holiday need the company of the others sharing their screens for impact.
This is the 1st classic piece I see from Rainman I would consider it's appeal as an art statement than just a classic character.
Again all just opinion.

Everyone has their preferences and what appeals to one won't necessarily appeal to another (although classing The Exorcist as 'gimmicky' is like a kick in the goolies to me!). If you're paying $800 and upward (and upward annnnnd upward etc) for a figure then, for me, it's obviously got to be something you have a strong fondness for. However, if someone else is more concerned about the same figure standing out on a shelf for that sort of outlay, then I don't see a problem with that.

By the way, I would have bought this figure without hesitation and so would many others. Probably would have sold quicker than his last two releases I would wager.

You suggested that 'the look' is the primary deciding factor in the selection of RM releases, to such a degree that it is of no real relevance whether the film/character in question is deemed to have acquired classic status. What was there to misunderstand about that? My pointing out that the majority of his figures would be deemed to be from worthy works by many doesn't constitute my "getting carried away". Just means I don't necessarily agree with what you said.

Like I thought, you interpreted my post incorrectly.

I don't have an issue with RM's catalogue of figures at all. Damn, I own most of them haha. My point was, there have been many characters dismissed on the basis that their attire didn't live up to the 'RM treatment', this being one of them I can guarantee. I pitched David from Lost Boys many moons ago in the wish list thread, and while a few were interested, most were not. I had to go that one alone eventually. I have seen too many posts over the years consisting of "it's a guy in a suit", not worth the mans time nor our money. I think it's this sort of message that hurts this type of release ever being pitched for the masses.

A classic example is Gus. I have posted that in the RM wish list thread a few times and probably had two or three positive responses. This would have got the same sort of reaction, no doubt in my mind. It's only when it's shown that everybody starts salivating.

Agreed. Good point.
The Exorcist isn't gimmicky in terms of a film. But I thought the figure looked a tad toyish.
Again just me... I think horror genera and toys don't mix well.

Back