Raiders of the Lost Ark in Imax!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was it Flosi? Major upgrade in picture quality?

I think so. There was a definite upgrade in overall picture quality... Little things, like Marion's freckles, dirt under the nails of the guy she has the drinking contest with in Nepal, etc. I also was able to take in a lot more of certain settings as well, like the Well of Souls.

My cousin went to see this 2 nights ago. He said it was meh overall. I think he went in expecting something amazing and it was just watching the film he'd seen a 100 times on a big screen.

One thing he noticed though is that in 2 pivotal scenes there was a fly walking on the actors faces while they talked. He thought that was pretty cool.

It's worth seeing, Jay. I mean, it's Raiders in IMAX. Even if it wasn't cleaned up it would have been epic, IMO.

He's seen it 100 times and never noticed that Paul Freeman (Belloq) has the fly go into his mouth??

I've always noticed the fly on his mouth, but I'd never seen the flys around Indy while he's holding the RPG. They're all over his face and hands.

I also saw it last night and it was amazing.

They didn't have any posters though. :(

Picture looked great and the sound was amazing.

:( Sorry to hear that, Tyler.... Yeah, we walked in and they tore my ticket and I saw the posters sitting there. They didn't offer but I sure as hell asked for one! There's a little "Coming to Bluray" sticker on the poster that peals right off, and under that it says "An IMAX event"... Not bad.

Saw it over the weekend. Loved seeing it again on the big screen. Williams' score was phenomenal with the enhanced sound. Picked up a few of the posters.

The clarity of the print was really good... the details really stood out. Like being able to pick out the fake snakes when looking down into the Well of Souls or the C-3PO and R2 hyrogliphic on the pole next to Indy's head. Every gunshot, explosion, and punch was felt in the chest with the sound in Imax as well. I had my reservations going in to see it, but once the film started I was in heaven was like being 10 years old again.

Passed on seeing this in IMAX since I'm going to see all of them in the marathon this weekend. :rock

Got home late last night after watching it but I can't say enough about the experience. I didn't see Raiders on the big screen in 81 and for whatever reason didn't make the effort to watch it when it was re-released a couple times in the late 90's near where I lived.

This was truly a bucket list experience seeing it on AMC digital IMAX. Everything was better. The sound was incredible, particular the Nepal shootout (I *finally* get why Marion was crouched covering her ears!) and awesome audio during the opening of the Ark.

It's a truly timeless movie that is simply more impressive than 99.9% of all movies that come out today. All the practical stunts/effects done with principal actors in frame, the "one take" shots of the exploding truck as Raider mourns Marion's "death" in the foreground, Belloq lamenting the destruction of the flying wing as towers explode behind him. The cast of thousands (take that Nolan) digging for the Ark, etc.

The one liners still hold up, the pacing is fantastic, it really is perfect in almost every way. If you haven't bought a ticket yet, GO SEE IT TODAY.

:lecture This is a perfect movie, it will be my second time experiancing it in a theatre on Saturday, can't wait for Temple of Doom as well. I may even stick around for Crusade but my Indy will always end riding off into the sunset with his father. What's truely amazing is how it can hold up to other movies I consider to be perfect but by comparison are far less interesting and not as fun upon multiple watches (2001, Cuckoo's Nest etc). But this is so much more then just an action film, the acting, pacing, everything about it feels important and exciting, I can't wait to see it again. I haven't even popped in the DVD for about 2 years or so now so it's going to be great!

Got home late last night after watching it but I can't say enough about the experience. I didn't see Raiders on the big screen in 81 and for whatever reason didn't make the effort to watch it when it was re-released a couple times in the late 90's near where I lived.

This was truly a bucket list experience seeing it on AMC digital IMAX. Everything was better. The sound was incredible, particular the Nepal shootout (I *finally* get why Marion was crouched covering her ears!) and awesome audio during the opening of the Ark.

It's a truly timeless movie that is simply more impressive than 99.9% of all movies that come out today. All the practical stunts/effects done with principal actors in frame, the "one take" shots of the exploding truck as Raider mourns Marion's "death" in the foreground, Belloq lamenting the destruction of the flying wing as towers explode behind him. The cast of thousands (take that Nolan) digging for the Ark, etc.

The one liners still hold up, the pacing is fantastic, it really is perfect in almost every way. If you haven't bought a ticket yet, GO SEE IT TODAY.

Heh heh heh...

This is why.

3-resident-evil-retribution-poster.jpg

It should've. But alas...kids would rather see "TEH NEWq111" then the "dumb old".

Shame. Raiders is still one of the greatest. It's the perfect movie. It's only goal is to bring you joy.

Saw RAIDERS in IMAX last Saturday. Going to the Indy Marathon tomorrow (though I may leave after TOD. We'll see).

Oh, and **** the Resident Evil movies. Pure junk.

Crap, I missed it. Why they didn't run that for two weekends is beyond me.

From IGN:

Raiders of the Lost Ark Extends Its IMAX Theatrical Run
September 14th, 2012

Due to its overwhelming response in IMAX theaters, Raiders of the Lost Ark will now be extending its one-week run beginning Friday, September 14, and will play in over 300 digital theaters across America.

"The re-mastering efforts by Steven, George and their team were incredible and the movie's hugely successful run in Imax last week was a sure sign that audiences were excited to see the film again on the big screen," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. "We are thrilled that audiences will have that chance again as part of this extended theatrical run."

Under the supervision of director Steven Spielberg and sound design extraordinaire Ben Burtt, Paramount's first Indiana Jones film was meticulously restored for its theatrical re-release.

Cameron's gonna flip out and re-CG footage of the ship sinking to make it "historically accurate" for Titanic and probably a Na'ii Spice Channel seen for Avatar to get them re-re-re-released to sooth his ego. :lol

From IGN:

Raiders of the Lost Ark Extends Its IMAX Theatrical Run
September 14th, 2012

Due to its overwhelming response in IMAX theaters, Raiders of the Lost Ark will now be extending its one-week run beginning Friday, September 14, and will play in over 300 digital theaters across America.

"The re-mastering efforts by Steven, George and their team were incredible and the movie's hugely successful run in Imax last week was a sure sign that audiences were excited to see the film again on the big screen," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. "We are thrilled that audiences will have that chance again as part of this extended theatrical run."

Under the supervision of director Steven Spielberg and sound design extraordinaire Ben Burtt, Paramount's first Indiana Jones film was meticulously restored for its theatrical re-release.

Interesting. That's great news if it's true. The local IMAX hasn't changed it's schedule yet so we'll see.

Back