Raiders of the Lost Ark in Imax!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kl241

Super Freak
Reaction score
Aint It Cool News is posting that Raiders of the Lost Ark is coming to Imax September 7 for one week only right before the bluray release. Any idea which cities/theaters will be getting it?

Awesome news. Wish they did the same with Jaws.

That would have been sweet. Watching Shark Week this week has made me want to watch Jaws again. One of my favorite films of all time :rock

I've got a ton of IMAX theaters near me so I'm hoping at least ONE of them gets this. I've never seen Indy on the big screen save for Crystal Skull.

Nope both digital and 70mm:

The report states this hasn’t been officially announced yet but, it should be soon, and the press release will have a full list of theaters where you can purchase tickets. It also says the film will play in both full 70mm IMAX as well as digital “LieMAX” formats, though either will be sufficient as Spielberg obviously didn’t shoot the film in IMAX thirty plus years ago.

Damn, no IMAX near me. I really wanted to see Indiana Jones. Never seen them before.

I know! I've heard so many great things too. I'll just have to blind buy on blu ray!

Damn, no IMAX near me. I really wanted to see Indiana Jones. Never seen them before.

:horror What?!!! :thud:

Seriously....:horror

Can't wait to see this! The MSRP for the Bluray box set is a joke. I will wait for Christmas to get them. I don't own the DVDs, my dad has them and I haven't seen the films in over a year since moving out. This will surely whet my appetite!

Stupid question, I know: Since this wasn't shot in IMAX, will the movie just be played on the larger screen in letterboxed format, similar to the non-IMAX scenes in TDK/TDKR?

Stupid question, I know: Since this wasn't shot in IMAX, will the movie just be played on the larger screen in letterboxed format, similar to the non-IMAX scenes in TDK/TDKR?

I'm guessing that's the case. Not really an issue on a real IMAX screen in my opinion. It's hardly noticeable, especially since it won't be switching formats throughout.

I'm guessing that's the case. Not really an issue on a real IMAX screen in my opinion. It's hardly noticeable, especially since it won't be switching formats throughout.

Yeah, although I've always been a bit :-\ when it comes to normal movies on IMAX. The screen is bigger, sure, but not in that balls-to-the-wall IMAX way.

However, I did love the **** out of seeing The Lion King in IMAX, so I might get around to this if it's near me.

Back