R.I.P. STAN LEE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll never forget that Larry King interview where he asked Stan if he was most known for creating Plastic Man!!! :slap :lol

Let me ask Lucas if he’s famous for creating Star Trek lol

I bet Lee, Kirby and Ditko have settled their differences already up in the celestial Bullpen.

"Mourning the Maker"

RIP Stan the Man. Brought a lot of joy and imagination to my childhood (and adulthood!)

3dfbff9527a359059337395f60de6786.jpg

Yup even the fans who regularly railed on him for taking the spotlight for as long as he did still recognize what he meant for the industry and society and culture in general.

For whatever reason Kirby and Ditko weren’t meant to be the global public relations face persona guru of Marvel.

In Marvel’s case while pictures speak a thousand words Stan made sure his thousand words mattered because “With great power comes great responsibility” “excelsior” and “True believer” certainly are just as memorable and everlasting as the pictures from Kirby Ditko and the others of that era.

Look at DC what memorable lines are there other than “I’m Batman!” and that is from a movie lol

Sorry Alex Ross but after your death your gorgeous contribution won’t receive even 1% of the well wishes Stan Lee received.

Last edited:
This is cool. It reminds me of when Mel Blanc passed and all the characters were lined up next to an empty microphone. "Speechless"

Yeah, this one was quite the gut punch too:

143bf64c59d6cfbbee3a07694b51fcb6.jpg

In Marvel’s case while pictures speak a thousand words Stan made sure his thousand words mattered because “With great power comes great responsibility” “excelsior” and “True believer” certainly are just as memorable and everlasting as the pictures from Kirby Ditko and the others of that era.

Agreed.

Last edited:
Sad to hear he is gone and really wish I could have met him in person. He was such a down to earth person that truly appreciated his fans. One thing is for sure this man's legacy will live on for generations to come!

I am forever grateful for the joy his creations brought to my childhood and being able to share that with my children as well!!!

I got my picture with him at a comic convention a few years back and he was essentially a mannequin.

Back