R.I.P. H.R. Giger...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just stunned by this cause its sad and hits close to home as unfortunately its the same way my own mother died, as the result of a fall. This man brought my nightmares to life in the form of an eight foot tall monster that for me has always been the real boogie man hiding just around the corner. But a monster that I have always found to be terrifyingly beautiful, just like so many of us. RIP Hans Ruedi Giger. In space, our screams will continue never to be heard...

His designs are and will be the memories of my young teenage years. Human, incectiod, biomechanical, dark, slimey, wet, and forever frightening. On the flip side his art was streamline, organic, futuristic and tribal... RIP HRG.

Terrible news. I loved how his work inspired the Xenomorph design from Alien. He will be missed.

A genius.One can only hope he realised how much he was appreciated and loved.

Nooooo! What sad news, a wonderfully different artist in so many ways, he will be missed and remembered fondly.

Not least of all for this beautiful and iconic creation.

Terrible news. Guys a legend already though. Not a ton of artists can say they got to be that successful while they were alive.

I was googling some of his work the other day. The man just had such a unique vision -- futuristic, dreamy, nightmarish, psycho-sexual mashup. One of the most brilliant things Scott ever did was hire him as the concept artist for Alien. If you are only familiar with his work through Alien and Species, it's definitely worth taking a look.

RIP.......... Always loved his work and how uneasy it made me feel :)

Surprised he was only 74... He always looked 74.

Last edited:
“The Dutch customs once thought my pictures were photos. Where on earth did they think I could have photographed my subjects? In Hell, perhaps?”

Thank you and rest in peace.

Back