R. I. P. David Bowie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty shocked to hear this... I know what music I'll be listening to today. RIP.

GlKkc9h.gif

Dammit, just listened through his new album... A true artist indeed. I guess the fact that cancer is a ***** is officially confirmed.

Wow, just gutted. It was only his birthday the other day and he appeared to look great. Assumed we had many years yet. Rest in peace, David.

Such terrible news! I gasped when I heard it as I was making breakfast this morning. He was truly a genius and artist. I may not have loved everything he did, but I can recognize it as incredible songwriting and brilliant ideas. I can’s say the same of 90% of musical acts out there.

I'm glad he was working right up until the end. The work was probably a comfort and a distraction for him from his illness.

I remember in high school I was talking to this girl I had a crush on about Bowie and she happened to be going to his Sound+Vision concert that night (in 1990). I had missed when the tickets had originally gone up for sale and they sold out quickly. There was also an art opening at our school that night that I was a part of, so I probably couldn’t have gone anyway. Well, towards the end of the art opening, she came bursting in and grabbed my hand and said, “you’re coming with me to see Bowie!” Her friend that she was going with dropped out last minute and she whisked me away! She had box seats and it was a night I will never forget!

Didn't know he was Dad to the director Duncan Jones of 'Moon' fame.

A real shame, 69 is too early. My own dad will be 69 next year I think.

I remember in high school I was talking to this girl I had a crush on about Bowie and she happened to be going to his Sound+Vision concert that night (in 1990). I had missed when the tickets had originally gone up for sale and they sold out quickly. There was also an art opening at our school that night that I was a part of, so I probably couldn’t have gone anyway. Well, towards the end of the art opening, she came bursting in and grabbed my hand and said, “you’re coming with me to see Bowie!” Her friend that she was going with dropped out last minute and she whisked me away! She had box seats and it was a night I will never forget!
Great story and what an awesome experience that must've been. Wish I'd gotten the chance to see him in concert.

Can't honestly say that I'm a huge Bowie fan, but this sucks nonetheless. Even a casual fan like me knows Bowie was a revolutionary artist. RIP.

This is a great documentary to watch on Bowie's rise to fame. I didn't knew he came from a family prone to mental illness:

Woah, I just watched and listened to Lazarus the other day so this is really eerie and sad. Sucks that he's gone, wasn't expecting that. I didn't know he was sick.

I wonder if the Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones will do a tribute.

" Let's Dance " to Mr. Bowie's successful and fruitful career!

R.I.P. David and thanks for your music :duff

I am utterly crushed with this news. Was listening to "Blackstar" on Friday and loving every blessed minute of it. His genius will live on though. R.I.P. David Bowie and thank you.

Back