R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just going to be so interesting to see how Marvel approach this. Feige and everyone else running the boat over there are incredibly good at their jobs, so you would have to think they have had something in the works for a while now and clearly that is why the sequel has been scheduled so far out now for a while. I guess I'm actually in the minority and really don't think they will simply recast him. Fiege's statement definitely reads that way, calling him "our T'Challa" and an "icon for the ages."

Most likely, to me, is that they move Shuri into the Black Panther role (they've already moved onto a female Thor is seems) or maybe an even more interesting move would be to move one of the other incredibly talented actors like Daniel Kaluuya or Winston Duke to take over the mantle of king and Black Panther. The other scenario I could see is that they just shelve the franchise entirely and look to other other characters that could provide representation like Blade or even a reboot of Luke Cage. I think that last scenario is probably the mostly unlikely though.

Probably Shuri.

I’m ok with that and it actually fits the character core narrative of replacement with a family member.

But i’m also ok with recasting with another male lead but I can see how that could come off being very tacky as well.

I honestly feel like they?ll do shuri just cause they don?t wanna feel like they are replacing Chadwick. Feels insensitive to talk about tbh. But I know people are wondering

IMO it's not spicey food; stuff like peppers and the onion family are natural anti-bacterial.

IMO it's all the processed *&^% we eat, as well as low levels of chemicals in the environment. We're at the top of the food chain and what the EPA thinks of as "acceptable levels" may just be building up. Not a vegan or anything but ditched artificial sweeteners (diet anything) and processed *&^% a while ago. Geez u can't even eat too much tuna fish now.

Not a chore to grab a baguette, slap on some olive oil and fixings, and have a great meal.

And yeah, my mother and a brother have CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia). My mother is getting her first treatment today (medication). So I feel for the family. IMO Marvel should let a decent interval pass before they even discuss any further work with BP publicly. And why not, filming schedules are a mess now anyway. Do the right thing.

Boseman had such presence. That last scene CW of Zemo and BP is so haunting. Rest in Peace, King.

Sorry to hear that man. Hope things turn out good. This year has been rough

The easiest thing to do is replace the actor with another male actor. Killing him off and putting the sister as BP would be in bad taste. Just replace the guy like they did with other characters in the MCU.

Dont forget Increrdible Hulk. That movie is borderline unwatchable.

Interesting, I feel the opposite. I revisited a few months back for the first time in quite a few years and found it to be a nice breath of fresh air compared to the more standardized house style of the majority of other MCU films.

The easiest thing to do is replace the actor with another male actor. Killing him off and putting the sister as BP would be in bad taste. Just replace the guy like they did with other characters in the MCU.

See, I think a lot of people would actually say that recasting him would be in bad taste. They only recast other actors previously due to contract disputes, and it was early enough in the MCU where it was not a huge deal since the MCU was still evolving and finding its way. It is incredibly possible he may have filmed something or even just done some sort of voiceover already for any future movie anyway. They had the foresight to film Stan Lee's last 5 cameos leading up to Endgame all in one day while he was still able.

See, I think a lot of people would actually say that recasting him would be in bad taste. They only recast other actors previously due to contract disputes, and it was early enough in the MCU where it was not a huge deal since the MCU was still evolving and finding its way. It is incredibly possible he may have filmed something or even just done some sort of voiceover already for any future movie anyway. They had the foresight to film Stan Lee's last 5 cameos leading up to Endgame all in one day while he was still able.

Being the professional that he was i’m certain that he was honest and kept Iger/Feige up to date on his long term contractual obligations so as not to leave them in a complicated scenario so I have little doubt that they filmed voice work and unmasked costumed work with him before he got really ill.

Ughh seeing him again as BP is going to be a gut punch.

Reminds me of the time Boseman said he'd rather have an action figure than a Golden Globe when he got snubbed during awards season a few years back. That quote has taken on more meaning now. Sure, it's cool to have yourself immortalized in plastic for playing a heroic character. Any nerd on this board can relate to that.

But when it comes to representation, it means that he was able to inspire far more of the next generation by having a presence on their shelves. The character could continue to be a part of their lives after the curtains closed.

Just totally unbelievable but again this is 2020, so nothing surprises me anymore. RIP my King.

Back