Quit my job today and.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm jealous that you can quit a good job and move onto a greater one and get 3 weeks off! I love my job and need it too much to quit but someday I want to do my own business. Right now, my job is great and gives me a second place to display some statues.:clap Congrats though!

I don't make a ton of money to be honest. I guess you are right though. Some people don't even have one and this silly company is paying me for the interim to do nothing. :slap

I don't make a ton of money to be honest. I guess you are right though. Some people don't even have one and this silly company is paying me for the interim to do nothing. :slap

Sounds like you are making a move to make that happen, though. Congrats and good luck!

I have to admit, I loved working there. I even gave three weeks notice so they had ample time to start looking to fill my position. I was asked to leave. They are now paying me for not coming to work. :yess::rock

What the hell should I do with my time? I'm going to go nuts. I think I might grow a beard and not shower. :lol

I got laid off in june and went the beard route for months until I started to look too homeless. :p

My job before this last one was the best layoff ever. They let me go, paid me for another 2 months to look for a job then gave me a severance at the end. And they also gave me health insurance for another 3 months after that.

It's the opposite where i work. You get fired a week in advance but they don't tell you til the end of the week. It's cuz we're too busy and they don't want to try to find a replacement for the rest of the week. It happened to this girl a few months ago. I swear everyone in the whole place knew she was fired except her. She was so shocked when they walked her out at the end of the week.

The last job I had, where I worked for the man, would always wait until Friday at 4pm to let anyone go. It wouldn't happen that often though as most employees quit or found new jobs just to leave the place. I don't think I could work in an office again.

It'd be a good time to read a book. I wish I had more time to read....

What is this "READ" thing you're talking about ???

After I lost my job, first day I watched Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America in one awesome filled day.......Greatest.Day.Ever.

It's the opposite where i work. You get fired a week in advance but they don't tell you til the end of the week. It's cuz we're too busy and they don't want to try to find a replacement for the rest of the week. It happened to this girl a few months ago. I swear everyone in the whole place knew she was fired except her. She was so shocked when they walked her out at the end of the week.

I think all of corporate america sees Friday as fire day. :rotfl

What I think is funny is when they want you to train your replacement. There's no way I'd do that.

What I think is funny is when they want you to train your replacement. There's no way I'd do that.

The worst is interviewing for a management position and then they hire someone else and tell you to train them. I walked out of a job when I was younger because of that. The day they started I showed them around and all the important things. She then asked why I was in jeans. I said because I don't work here anymore. She said are you sure I want to do that. I said hell yes. :lol

I remember a guy quitting at a company I used to work for. He gave two weeks notice and they cut him his final check within 30 minutes and walked him off the premises. I quit without notice and it took them a week to get me my final check.

On a side note...here is one for you all...I quit (this was 11 years ago in April of 2000) because the supervisor came after me with a personal grudge. I dealt with it for 2 years before I quit...and guess what?

A week ago, that guy was put on a project that I am working on as a subordinate inspector to me...he sure is a nice guy now.

And he is damned lucky that I am above the petty crap he played.

Back