Quit my job today and.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically I was a account manager in the marketing department for a major carrier in my area. I'm now going to become a broker that is capable of working with all carriers. So I was deemed a security risk. IE Keith gets 3 extra weeks of paid vacation this year. :yess:

if you were going to work for a job that is a competing company which works with the same client base you currently deal with, it was a no-brainer. They didn't think think twice.... :monkey1

if you were going to work for a job that is a competing company which works with the same client base you currently deal with, it was a no-brainer. They didn't think think twice.... :monkey1

I'm not going to a direct competitor. In fact I will have to work with my old company daily. I will just be servicing the accounts in a different capacity. Of course if I went to another carrier I would have fully expected to be walked out.

My motivation is a beautiful almost crawling young girl that I'm positive would not want to watch me go through what I watched my dad go through. Die a horrible death likely because of smoking. I can't put her though that.

yeah Im sure it was just protocol then. Thats why HR didn't budge. They just didn't want to risk you being a ****** :lol ...... well .... :monkey1 ....

mrmom22.jpg

Enjoy some time with the baby if you can. Because it goes fast.

Yeah the first week I'm going to get stuff done. The next two we are pulling her out of daycare. We are putting her into a new daycare that's right next to my new office.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kbNb4YNT3M&feature=fvwrel"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kbNb4YNT3M&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

did you pull off something like this.....be honest. :monkey3

Man, I'm jealous that you can quit a good job and move onto a greater one and get 3 weeks off! I love my job and need it too much to quit but someday I want to do my own business. Right now, my job is great and gives me a second place to display some statues.:clap Congrats though!

Back