Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i ordered gimli on cyber monday i collected it christmas eve from depot but it came with a £30+ customs fee... Which was a amount i could have done without before Christmas but it was a gift and he really likes the figure it looks amazing looking forward to the rooted beard on gandalf, but those customs fees are a stinger.

i ordered gimli on cyber monday i collected it christmas eve from depot but it came with a £30+ customs fee... Which was a amount i could have done without before Christmas but it was a gift and he really likes the figure it looks amazing looking forward to the rooted beard on gandalf, but those customs fees are a stinger.
I requested they massively undervalue my Grishnakh but even if I get the same £30 customs fee I’ll still be paying way less overall than if I’d bought on eBay. Impressed you got yours. Mine hasn’t moved for a week.

This is a good tester-buy to determine how likely customs are direct from Asmus so I’ll know if I should get the hobbits cheap from them or go for a pricier Japan/China seller on eBay but probably avoid the fees.

Still waiting for Grishnakh but at long last the tracking has updated information saying I now have customs fees to pay so that’ll be an additional week of waiting.
I think this whole fiasco officially rules out me ever buying direct from Asmus again. 6 weeks plus fees- no thanks. I’d rather just pay extra on eBay to get the remainder of what I need in a more timely fashion.

Still waiting for Grishnakh but at long last the tracking has updated information saying I now have customs fees to pay so that’ll be an additional week of waiting.
I think this whole fiasco officially rules out me ever buying direct from Asmus again. 6 weeks plus fees- no thanks. I’d rather just pay extra on eBay to get the remainder of what I need in a more timely fashion.

I am still waiting on my Legolas to do anything other than the original scan. And yes I will not be buying anything from them directly ever again as well.

I am still waiting on my Legolas to do anything other than the original scan. And yes I will not be buying anything from them directly ever again as well.

I got a tracking number for Thorin on 12-21; it hasn't moved since.

I still haven't gotten a tracking number for thorin and I paid almost a month ago. I will never order directly from them again.

I still haven't gotten a tracking number for thorin and I paid almost a month ago. I will never order directly from them again.

Part of the problem is Asmus hand writes all those customs forms. I fill a lot of those out myself and they're not much fun. When you are doing hundreds, things are bound to get overlooked. I haven't always gotten a # and I have had to e-mail them a couple of times, but I always get my stuff.

They are a fairly smaller operation, so they are probably behind on getting things shipped out. All the sales are over though, so I’m sure they are working on getting it done. Still, it may be time to upgrade to an adequate staff, in order to handle the increasing workload. You’re only going to get bigger as a company from here on out.

With the releases of Eomer, the horse lord and Arwen who’s most notable/badass scene featured her on horseback in the very outfit we’re getting her with, I really think Asmus should do another run of their white and brown horses. I can’t locate them anywhere online and would love to have my Arwen posed like she’s facing off against the Nazgul.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind if they did a new run of fixed pose horses either. I have the nazgul steed set and I very rarely mess with the horse itself

Totally agree. I wish they'd treat horses like bases not figures. Fixed poses, swap out the saddles and gear for the different cultures (Rohan, Elves, etc). It was cool that they tried fully articulated horses, but it didn't work out as well as people wanted and there's no shame in trying a different approach.

I’m specifically after one that can stand up on its hind legs for the Arwen money shot (obviously with the aid of a figure stand) which is the primary reason I want that poseable Asmus one. A fixed-pose horse isn’t a bad idea though.
Only problem there would be that having a row of them all in the exact same pose might look a bit stale... Give us a few base options though and they’re onto a winner!
I wouldn’t go horse mad but Theoden will totally need his armoured steed.

Asmus, I was wondering why Bilbo got pushed twice by SSC to February when others have figures already delivered? I was going to ask why others have Bilbo's "in-hand" but thought that was too racy. Thanks.

Asmus, I was wondering why Bilbo got pushed twice by SSC to February when others have figures already delivered? I was going to ask why others have Bilbo's "in-hand" but thought that was too racy. Thanks.

I purchased directly from ASMUS + Fed Ex shipping$$$$. Waiting on SSC orders too - but figured that after articles about shipping containers being completely filled in Asia before shipment re rising shipping costs.

That said, SSC has been known to get stuff in "early" so it's hard to say where ASMUS' figs are at. I could pay off a couple of Hot Toys SSC orders right now and ship, but letting things settle. My ASMUS stuff I pre-paid w. gift cards (Thorin #2 and Bilbo #2), so now just waiting.

U.S. partial govnmt. shutdown probably isn't helping shipping anything from outside U.S.:dunno

I requested they massively undervalue my Grishnakh but even if I get the same £30 customs fee I’ll still be paying way less overall than if I’d bought on eBay. Impressed you got yours. Mine hasn’t moved for a week.

This is a good tester-buy to determine how likely customs are direct from Asmus so I’ll know if I should get the hobbits cheap from them or go for a pricier Japan/China seller on eBay but probably avoid the fees.

You guys are really frightening me.
I have purchased Merry and Pippin, separately, from Asmus, w/ normal shipping. Perfect performance. 2 weeks (delivery in Europe). Second one even less.
I am purchasing a Sam for a local buddy, and have told the guy it will take 2 weeks. Seems important to him. Hope everything will go down well...
Regarding customs: I also asked undervalue. It worked once, the other it didn't (I paid 30€). But you guys must understand that above a very low threshold of declared value, EVERYTHING must pay customs. My not paying them for one of the figs was pure luck. Also, you can only undervalue so much. A package the size of an Asmus fig plus wraps, can't cost less than the non-paying threshold, so every fig should pay taxes. I guess customs can't fill out paperwork for all liable packages, so they only do those packages with higher declared value. That day, yours could happen to go through w/o paying.

Totally agree. I wish they'd treat horses like bases not figures. Fixed poses, swap out the saddles and gear for the different cultures (Rohan, Elves, etc). It was cool that they tried fully articulated horses, but it didn't work out as well as people wanted and there's no shame in trying a different approach.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind if they did a new run of fixed pose horses either. I have the nazgul steed set and I very rarely mess with the horse itself

I like articulations. I do re-pose figs. No statues for me, please.

m.

You guys are really frightening me.
I have purchased Merry and Pippin, separately, from Asmus, w/ normal shipping. Perfect performance. 2 weeks (delivery in Europe). Second one even less.
I am purchasing a Sam for a local buddy, and have told the guy it will take 2 weeks. Seems important to him. Hope everything will go down well...
Regarding customs: I also asked undervalue. It worked once, the other it didn't (I paid 30€). But you guys must understand that above a very low threshold of declared value, EVERYTHING must pay customs. My not paying them for one of the figs was pure luck. Also, you can only undervalue so much. A package the size of an Asmus fig plus wraps, can't cost less than the non-paying threshold, so every fig should pay taxes. I guess customs can't fill out paperwork for all liable packages, so they only do those packages with higher declared value. That day, yours could happen to go through w/o paying.

I like articulations. I do re-pose figs. No statues for me, please.

m.

My Grishnakh should arrive tomorrow so that’s a total wait time of just over 6 weeks from purchase to delivery. Good times. Customs ended up being £21 which is pretty much the bare minimum I was expecting so I’m counting that as a win.

However, I have received plenty of large packages from outside of the EU and they’ve been able to skip through customs uncharged.
I think it comes down to which company ends up fulfilling the delivery. Royal Mail are pretty lax In the U.K. but Parcelforce will charge every. single. time. Not only that but they’ll take well over a week before they even bother to inform you that they’re holding your parcel and, unless it’s timed that you end up paying the fee by Wednesday morning at the latest, you’re gonna be waiting till the next Monday to get your goods. And you’d better be home or else the wait will go on and on. They friggin’ suck. So hard.

The whole process is a giant ball ache.
I don’t know why there are no decent 1/6 distributors in the whole of Europe. You either buy from the source in Japan, China, Taiwan etc-wait forever and pay customers and pay a giant mark up from a local online store. Either way geography gets the better of us.

Back