Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is now carrying Star Ace's Harry Potter figs, so maybe Asmus might have a chance with LotR/Hobbit.

Yea that's what made me think of a partnership between Asmus and Sideshow being more likely.

I'd third Radagast. One of my most-wanted characters.

Only if he comes with the sled pulled by a pack of rabbits.

Actually you could almost repurpose SSC Tim the Sorcerer for Radagast.... I wasn't all that happy with how they portrayed him in the films, I had a better mental image of him from the books - not so comical.

I think it's wise of Asmus to fill in the gaps before redoing the fellowship. Gets everyone on board and then once they are done with the gaps, even people who are happy now with the older ssc figs will likely want the better asmus figs to make the collection more cohesive.

As long as they continue and get through it all, it's nice to have a more perfected later model. It also is better to get the hype of the hobbit out first. Tauriel first will make a better Arwen/ Galadriel later.

Now that the cat is out of the bag and Asmus has a clear playing field now that ACI is finished with its line, I'm hoping George can get back now to give us some behind the scenes info about what we can expect in 2015.

I'm personally curious on the status of Saruman and Mouth of Sauron, but I realize there are other figures more further along.

At moment we have Bard, Mouth of Sauron and Aragorn almost finished.

And the dwarf/hobbit id under going,
so we will definitely get Gimli out in the first half of the year,
fellow by Bilbo, Merry and Pippen.

We Also have Gandalf and Legolas sculpting now.

900x900px-LL-658002b7_joke_over_your_head.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing Aragorn to compare to ACI's version, as well as MoS and Bard. Will also be curious to see how Merry and Pippen compare to the SS hobbits. I'll likely be waiting until Asmus makes Frodo and Sam.

Great news! I hope Boromir and Faramir get remade too somewhere down the line since we know Gandalf the Grey is coming.

Back