Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could we see hobbits and dwarfs go up for PO in 2015? Also is there an estimated price yet?

We have Merry and Pippen designing at moment,
it is our goal right from the start

Finish what Sideshow started off.

Hobbit/Dwarf body is tricky, but after doing the articulated horse body,
we feel comfortable to make a good small body too.

Will be interesting to see. Hopefully your Merry and Pippen will blow away SS's Hobbits, so that you can eventually do Frodo and Sam. While it's a different body type, have you looked at ThreeZero's Tyrion? Would be great to see that level of detail in the Hobbits, as well as an accurately reflected "halfling" body type.

Will be interesting to see. Hopefully your Merry and Pippen will blow away SS's Hobbits, so that you can eventually do Frodo and Sam. While it's a different body type, have you looked at ThreeZero's Tyrion? Would be great to see that level of detail in the Hobbits, as well as an accurately reflected "halfling" body type.

Tyrion's proportions are all wrong for a hobbit body. His head and torso are about the size of a normal full size person.

Tyrion's proportions are all wrong for a hobbit body. His head and torso are about the size of a normal full size person.

Right I said the body type was different, I was referring to the level of detail in the head sculpt, as well as creating a figure in proper relative scale to the rest of the cast. Hobbits are not the same proportion as human little people. They are "halflings"--essentially half scaled humans with oversized feet.

I would like Asmus to redo the fellowship. I didn't get the sideshow figures and don't like them much either. Aci is doing aragorn but is so much more expensive. I would love Asmus to continue their trend and put out a full fellowship at $160-$180 each.

Totally agree. They absolutely should redo the entire Fellowship. Sideshow's figures were nice for the time, but Asmus is doing much better work now than Sideshow did back then. I appreciate that they're trying to fill in the gaps, but now the old Sideshow figures are showing their age. It's a new game today in 1/6 figures. They really should redo the whole gang!

I expect that's the plan anyhow. They're remaking Aragorn and Legolas and they've said a Gandalf the Grey is in the works, so that would only leave Frodo, Sam and Boromir.

Totally agree. They absolutely should redo the entire Fellowship. Sideshow's figures were nice for the time, but Asmus is doing much better work now than Sideshow did back then. I appreciate that they're trying to fill in the gaps, but now the old Sideshow figures are showing their age. It's a new game today in 1/6 figures. They really should redo the whole gang!

I expect that's the plan anyhow. They're remaking Aragorn and Legolas and they've said a Gandalf the Grey is in the works, so that would only leave Frodo, Sam and Boromir.

They've said that they're trying to complement the SSC figures rather than replace them - that's why go with Merry and Pippen as the first hobbits. I'd like to see that trend continue. If they do Legolas again make it a Helms Deep or even a Hobbit version. Gandalf the Grey should be from The Hobbit. Boromir didn't have a lot of variation - I wouldn't go with the armored version like SSC did with their statue, but maybe rooted hair, or something to differentiate him from the previous release.

I think it's wise of Asmus to fill in the gaps before redoing the fellowship. Gets everyone on board and then once they are done with the gaps, even people who are happy now with the older ssc figs will likely want the better asmus figs to make the collection more cohesive.

I have no interest in reacquiring any of the Sideshow figures. I sold them off the first time due to the poor likenesses and kludgy bodies, so hopefully Asmus isn't planning to forego key characters for too long. Anyway they already have Aragorn and Legolas in the works and Gandalf the Grey is coming, so I think that just leaves, Boromir, Faramir, Sam and Frodo anyway. I can wait those out.

I'm fine with them filling in some gaps to start with, but there are a lot of us who weren't collecting 1/6 back then, so hopefully they won't ignore going back and redoing the figures. The only one I have is the LOTR Gandalf the Gray. And he's a fine figure in many ways, but I think almost all those figures could use an upgrade and I'd consider Asmus's painting on the heads a definite upgrade from those.

I never liked the SSC line and don't have any of them so I do hope they eventually visit everybody but I love the idea of hero then villain and be able to set up interesting combats as opposed to everyone just standing in a line together...

hell yeah it mean you will keep this line going. lets have uruk hai shall we

Thank you! I've wanted a Merry and Pippin for so long! I hope you release them in their typical hobbit outfits so they can fit right alongside SS Frodo and Sam. (Even though I hope you update all the SS figures).
I prefer the classic fellowship look.

Thank you! I've wanted a Merry and Pippin for so long! I hope you release them in their typical hobbit outfits so they can fit right alongside SS Frodo and Sam. (Even though I hope you update all the SS figures).
I prefer the classic fellowship look.

I agree with this, but it would be awesome if they sold like, an armor pack to give them their Rohirrim and Gondorian armor.

I agree with this, but it would be awesome if they sold like, an armor pack to give them their Rohirrim and Gondorian armor.

A complete change of costume is the expensive part of the figure and a second figure allows them to amortize the body design and fabrication over more releases. Accessory packs don't make a lot of sense from the manufacturers side of things.

Personally, as a collector, I don't want to be changing clothes back and forth on my dollies. I'd rather just display 2 different figures.

A complete change of costume is the expensive part of the figure and a second figure allows them to amortize the body design and fabrication over more releases. Accessory packs don't make a lot of sense from the manufacturers side of things.

Personally, as a collector, I don't want to be changing clothes back and forth on my dollies. I'd rather just display 2 different figures.

Thats fair enough

Back