Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully she’ll be in one of her gowns. We could also use another Elrond in his Council robes... :pray:

Other than the above mentioned Thranduil, this is precisely who i lie in wait for!
Don't get me wrong - Elrond in his armour looked fantastic and I was mighty tempted (still am to be honest) but its Elrond in his council robes who i'm hoping for (other than Thranduil and his Throne - no I will never shut up about it, I have a kidney to sell if you can make it happen Asmus)

As I have helms deep aragorn pre-ordered, I am looking to get the already released gimili (no costume change as far as I know) and am wondering, Asmus, if you are considering doing a Legolas helms deep version (mainly for the pauldrons and Rohan sword w/ scabbard)?

Would love a crown series version with rooted hair (you nailed it with the twilight witch king).

PS still can't cant wait for that Sauron fig, going to be the main event in my collection :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

.....and a Thranduil on his throne... right Asmus?
RIGHT? :pray:

For sure. WETA put out the total # for it's Thranduil at worldwide 400. And suspect only the very financially happy with lots and lots of space will ever have.:horror:horror:horror

Please ASMUS put out Thranduil/throne!:pray::pray::pray:

You snooze you lose; bring on some new characters!
Just kidding- I’d be all over fresh Nazgul especially if they come on steeds. Not sure What would tempt me to buy a second Witch King though. It would have to somehow be a serious improvement over the first which does have its flaws but just looks so damn good when posed that none of them matter in the end.

You snooze you lose; bring on some new characters!
Just kidding- I’d be all over fresh Nazgul especially if they come on steeds. Not sure What would tempt me to buy a second Witch King though. It would have to somehow be a serious improvement over the first which does have its flaws but just looks so damn good when posed that none of them matter in the end.

I know you're saying you're kidding but it is the truth. If Asmus keeps making the same characters we will see very few new ones.

I know you're saying you're kidding but it is the truth. If Asmus keeps making the same characters we will see very few new ones.

True but I think they may have already worked on a Nazgul 2.0. Remember a Nazgul was at one of their more recent shows (at this point maybe a year or so ago so maybe not too recent but long after the sell out). That’s what sparked the question of a rerelease or 2.0 version of it. At the time it seemed like it was something they were considering so there might not be too much involved in turning one out. For the Witch King I would love to see a crown release that has him on a really sturdy body and a maybe more realistic weathering of the outfit. I love my original one but I would cave in for an update in a heartbeat. As for the Nazgul between Asmus & ACI I already have three BUT if I have the funds available I would pick up a 2.0 or two as well. I would love to be able to have 5 for a Weathertop set up and 1 on the steed someday. Shoot who am I kidding if I had the money I would want 9.

It is true and I have every release so don’t really need any of the ‘old but gold’ stuff again but I was lucky to jump on the line when I did. I just try to imagine if I were starting this collection now and how it‘s nearly impossible to find any of those initial releases for even a remotely reasonable price. It’s good to give new collectors the opportunity to complete the cast as well and every sale for Asmus is money that can fund the development of new characters.

Good news on Arwen 2.0. Will it be a coronation?
Asmus really needs to produce a new Eowyn in gown to pair with either Faramir or Theoden and Eomer.
Not surprising Gimli sold well. It?s an amazing figure. I?m sure an updated Legolas with rooted hair would sell great.
I still need to pick up MoS. Had been hoping for a re-release of the horse.
Any plans for a Treebeard base?
After Asmus produces the next 5-6 LotR pieces, the can focus on The Hobbit.

Definitely need a new Eowyn. Don't mind if she's in armour again or a gown.
Any of these are instant preorders for me..
2.0 Morgul Lord
2.0 Ringwraith on steed
2.0 Mouth of Sauron on steed
Old Bilbo in his Hobbiton attire
Gollum/Smeagol
Denathor
Wormtongue
Gandalf the White (Crown)
2.0 Legolas standard or Crown
Lurtz
Saruman crown
Sauron
Treebeard

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Snd although I'm not interested in collecting the Hobbit characters. I'd would buy a crown Radagast to complete the wizard trio.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

GTW Crown is confirmed I believe. Asmus already mentioned there are no plans for Denathor (or cursed Theoden for that matter).

My list would be:
  • Gollum/Smeagol
  • Sauron
  • Eowyn in gown
  • Legolas 2.0 (rooted hair)
  • Old Bilbo
  • 2.0 Mouth of Sauron on steed
  • Elrond in council attire
  • Grima Wormtongue
  • Saruman (Crown)
  • Lurtz
  • King Aragorn
  • Hobbits in armor (2-packs)
  • Treebeard Base
  • 2.0 Morgul Lord/dragon head base.
  • Battle Trolls

GTW Crown is confirmed I believe. Asmus already mentioned there are no plans for Denathor (or cursed Theoden for that matter).

My list would be:
  • Gollum/Smeagol
  • Sauron
  • Eowyn in gown
  • Old Bilbo
  • Grima Wormtongue
  • Saruman (Crown)
  • Lurtz
  • King Aragorn
  • Treebeard Base
  • Battle Trolls

Great list

My list would be:
  • Gollum/Smeagol
  • Sauron
  • Eowyn in gown
  • Old Bilbo
  • Grima Wormtongue
  • Saruman (Crown)
  • Lurtz
  • King Aragorn
  • Treebeard Base
  • Battle Trolls

It's not King Aragorn but I think Black Gates Aragorn is confirmed.

In order to bring in new customers, Asmus will need to re-release the major characters in some way or another, from time to time. But they should be spaced out so as to not keep new characters/figures from releasing as well, for established customers.

Not all characters need be Crown releases. I believe those that require the detailed head sculpts and/or outfits or special body designs that may not be as reusable.

Mine would be:

• Gollum/Smeagol
  • Sauron
  • Legolas (Crown) - rooted hair, both bows, rohan armor and sword and Orcrist. A bit greedy but a Crown version should include all display options IMO.
  • Isildur
  • Grima Wormtongue
  • Aragorn Strider (Crown) - rooted hair, bow, flaming brand and a nice diorama of Weathertop preferably
  • Saruman (Crown)
  • Lurtz
  • Black Gate Aragorn
  • Nazgul 2.0
  • Boromir 2.0
  • Azog
  • Uruk Berserker

Haldir!
54bbefb18e0c9f51984b09e9c1da7d35.gif

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What are we ... around thirty figures deep into this line at this point? And there are STILL tons and tons of fantastic options for where to go next?

God, I love these movies.

Back