Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GTG looks absolutely fantastic. I really like the idea of Asmus producing premium quality 1/6 figures. Someone needs to raise the bar. It sounds like they are really going to focus on artisanship and quality control. Hopefully Asmus will also offer the head sculpts separately for those who want to upgrade older figures. I don't know what the price point is going to be, but will definitely be ordering GTG and GTW.
I'd like to see:
Legolas V2-- real hair and an improved sculpt
Frodo -- real hair (would also pick up redos of other hobbits)
Sauron
Gollum/Smeagol --2-pack
Lurtz
Faramir
Eowyn -- gown version w/all new Miranda Otto head sculpt with improved likeness (I'd pick up a second to upgrade the original)
View attachment 457977
Would love to see all of them as well, the way this is worded though makes me think that it's not going to linger in Lotr right away after the first two versions of Gandalf. More like showcasing certain figures, bit of course only time will tell. I'm honestly scared of pricepoint though. If it doesnt change, or is only modestly higher great, we already pay too much for alot of these to end up the way they do sadly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I kind of hope this means diorama pieces will make a comeback and, if they do have another crack at Aragorn and Legolas, it’d be great to get some Helms Deep attire inclusions in the set. That’d be enough to get me to double dip on characters I already own- but then the Uruk Hai would have to come in droves as my Weta statue isn’t nearly enough opposition.

Would love to see all of them as well, the way this is worded though makes me think that it's not going to linger in Lotr right away after the first two versions of Gandalf. More like showcasing certain figures, bit of course only time will tell. I'm honestly scared of pricepoint though. If it doesnt change, or is only modestly higher great, we already pay too much for alot of these to end up the way they do sadly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Absolutely with you on the Éowyn front! I’d also get a second upgraded sculpt for my armored Éowyn from them.

Hoping to see more diorama pieces, too. I know they can be space hogs, but it would be great if their new license allowed for them. Would love to see that Balin's Tomb piece finally see the light of day. Or maybe some thrones (Theoden's, Saruman's, Thranduil's, Denathor's, Thrain's, etc.).

GTG looks absolutely fantastic. I really like the idea of Asmus producing premium quality 1/6 figures. Someone needs to raise the bar. It sounds like they are really going to focus on artisanship and quality control. Hopefully Asmus will also offer the head sculpts separately for those who want to upgrade older figures. I don't know what the price point is going to be, but will definitely be ordering GTG and GTW.
I'd like to see:
Legolas V2-- real hair and an improved sculpt
Frodo -- real hair (would also pick up redos of other hobbits)
Sauron
Gollum/Smeagol --2-pack
Lurtz
Faramir
Eowyn -- gown version w/all new Miranda Otto head sculpt with improved likeness (I'd pick up a second to upgrade the original)

Hadn't been collecting LOTR but I'd go for Eowyn (missed her); Gandalf, Legolas...any Hobbit figs produced; and now decided I need an Aragorn after all.

Asmus has previously said a rooted hair Legolas wasn't feasible at the time. Legolas is a popular character but the figure didn't sell that well. If they can make high quality one with rooted hair in the Crown line, I think it will sell well. Give him the Helms Deep armor or the Hobbit armor. Same for Aragorn but he sold pretty well.

Asmus has previously said a rooted hair Legolas wasn't feasible at the time. Legolas is a popular character but the figure didn't sell that well. If they can make high quality one with rooted hair in the Crown line, I think it will sell well. Give him the Helms Deep armor or the Hobbit armor. Same for Aragorn but he sold pretty well.

Yeah, he sold out. And rooted hair SLIM Aragorn is worth a pretty penny now on the secondary market.

I’d prefer a Helms Deep one but I still be down for the Black Gate as well.

I'd buy any Aragorn. Strider is my favorite iteration of him, and he would then go with my Arwen as well. I think it would be great to get one that had a couple different looks for the crown line. I have a couple of pieces from different companies that basically come with outfit changes. The ability to change him from one look to another (Strider w/ ranger sword & shards of Narsil/ add Lothlórien cloak/brooch/dagger for a later FotR/TTT look) would be a great selling point as well for people that already have the first one or are on the fence about getting the new one because of cost. Probably wishful thinking, but still.

I'd buy any Aragorn. Strider is my favorite iteration of him, and he would then go with my Arwen as well. I think it would be great to get one that had a couple different looks for the crown line. I have a couple of pieces from different companies that basically come with outfit changes. The ability to change him from one look to another (Strider w/ ranger sword & shards of Narsil/ add Lothlórien cloak/brooch/dagger for a later FotR/TTT look) would be a great selling point as well for people that already have the first one or are on the fence about getting the new one because of cost. Probably wishful thinking, but still.
I'd definitely be up for a brand new Aragorn with screen accurate costume and more accessories.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'd buy Arwen and Legolas anytime if they are done right.
Last effort left some room for improvement IMHO

I doubt they’ll do Arwen again so soon after this release. The one they just released is also really great in hand, IMO.

But I too am hoping for a Legolas.

I doubt they’ll do Arwen again so soon after this release. The one they just released is also really great in hand, IMO.

But I too am hoping for a Legolas.

My guess is this crown series is experimental and labor intensive one. I don't think they will do it too often.
Maybe one in a year or every 6 months. So if Gandalf Grey is 2019 Q4, next one will be 2020 summer or winter. So my hoping is not too unrealistic.
I also heard Arwen is not that bad, but I want to see how it turns out in Crown series if they do it.

I guess if they do it only for special characters, Aragorn should be right up there after Gandalf. But you never know

My guess is it will also be characters they feel they can improve enough on and sell enough of to warrant a “redo”. I think Aragorn and Frodo are the two biggest ones after the two Gandalfs. Gandalf, Aragorn and Frodo are the big three from the movies followed by Sam (in my opinion the weakest sculpt of Asmus’ fellowship) and maybe Legolas (if they can get his hair rooted). I would love to see Ewyon done in her white gown. One of my favorite scenes in Two Towers is when she runs out and looks out over Edoras and the flag is blowing.

I would love to see a Crown take on Thranduil with his berry crown, absurdly long red cape and his throne - I'd probably have to sell an organ or two but it would be worth it!

Back