Question on older products

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisherprice

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well my Mother has decided to sell her LOTR Collection. Almost everything is in the brown shippers. I am not trying to sell them here but I have a question.

Back when Weta and Sideshow first started she saw the original Bronze Gandalf. My stepfather at the time told her she couldn't buy it. So she bought everything else instead.

I kid you not there are over 40 boxes and like 9 of the stone troll hammers they where giving away at the time.

Anyway my question is on the brown shippers I noticed a few numbers. Are these the actual piece number? For instance on the box labled Stone Troll there is a number 98 in the lower right hand corner. Can I assume that it is 90/750?

Yes, for the most part the number would be the edition number, at least for those that aren't open editions. If you want to be sure, then the art box inside, would also have the edition number and size on a small white sticker.

BTW, if you only have 40 boxes, then no, she didn't buy everything else, since at the time, Sideshow/WETA produced almost 200 LOTR items.

Ugh so sad to hear about the bronze NOT being bought. That would have been one heck of an investment and a lot easier to move at this point. Good luck with the sale. If you can post an itemized list here and you may get sales through PMs.

Ugh so sad to hear about the bronze NOT being bought. That would have been one heck of an investment and a lot easier to move at this point. Good luck with the sale. If you can post an itemized list here and you may get sales through PMs.

really? how much is this thing going for now. You know the original price was $6500 right.. :slap

I would remind our members that commerce privileges require a certain number of posts, length of time as a member and approval from administration. Please do not post anything for sale in this thread or the For Sale forum unless you have been approved.

Yeah only 37 posts and that story hmm..

I wouldn't jump on any PM deals especially if they sound too promising.

I don't want to assume anything as he said he's not going to sell them on the forum but IF there are any offers via PM I would think twice.

Low prices often makes people turn their brains off.

All I know is I want an Elrond and the ones on ebay will not ship to Canada. Grrrr.

I think he should sell them here.

Look guys im not trying to post anything in this thread for sale or in the for sale thread. I have also read the rules. I just wanted to find out some information on how SCC used to ship packages that way I wouldn't have to open all the brown shippers.

I just joined a few months ago after getting back into the hobby with the Rogue Statue. Skiman is currently painting my EX head. So I have payed in full. If anyone want's my ebay name for reference LMK>

Mods feel free to close this thread as I now have the information I was seeking.

Nah, its all good. Thread will fall off if most likely but glad you got the info you needed. :duff

Back