Question of the day: Coke Zero; 20 oz taste versus 2 liter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all

As of late, have become addicted to Coke Zero; now, I always buy this from my local store in the 2 liter bottle size. However, finally tried Coke Zero in the 20 oz bottle and both my friend and I noticed that each of ours tasted significantly off from the 2 liter counterpart.

My friend theorized that he thought the 20 oz had too much CO2......All I know Coke Zero tates way different depending on size

What up with that?

It might be the amount of syrup in the 2 litter is a larger portion compared to the 20oz per cup.

It might be the amount of syrup in the 2 litter is a larger portion compared to the 20oz per cup.

Could be. Its definitely different. What sparked my interest is that I can't say I've ever had a Coke product taste different depending on how it was distributed or made

I can't stand Coke Zero out of the plastic bottles. It is way better out of a fountain or can. :lecture

Oh and don't even bother trying the Pepsi Max. I dumped that garbage out.

cwglt-2008-01-25-pepsi-thugs.jpg

I can't stand Coke Zero out of the plastic bottles. It is way better out of a fountain or can. :lecture

Oh and don't even bother trying the Pepsi Max. I dumped that garbage out.

The mixing of the batches will be different from size to size and from bottling facility to bottling facility...even from machine to machine and batch to batch at each facility.

Despite how good the technology is, it is not even close to a perfect science.

I have noticed this disapity in flavor in all of the major sodas I have had, Coke, Pepsi, AND Dr. Pepper.

My fav 'low calorie' drink is that 10 calorie Dr Pepper

Despite the fact that I am a die hard Coke fan...Dr. Pepper truly is the one with th diet version that tastes most like the regular version.

Notice how it took 10 cans of Pepsi to beat up a single can of Coke?

Oh, and Pepsi sucks.

Well...Diet Pepsi, sucks. And Pepsi Max sucks. But Pepsi ain't so bad. Ask Michael Jackson.

No way. It tastes more sugary and isn't as carbonated. Yuck!

This is what I am talking about. Sometimes they end up with more syrup in the mix and sometomes they end up with more carbonated water in the mix.

And I hate it as well when they have too much or too little syrup.

My all-time favorite soda was the diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper that was around a few years back.

How I miss that stuff.:monkey2

I don't get the Cola craze... especially the diet Cola craze. Not like it's a healthier alternative. The **** that it does to your body... nasty stuff. I don't mind that people drink cola, but don't be drinking these low calorie colas thinking you're doing anything to benefit your health.. because you're not.

M'well.

And just so you know, those low calorie or zero calorie colas still turn into sugars in your body. Read up on it kids.. aspartame is carcinogenic as well. Better off just having the regular stuff.

If it's sucralose, read up..

https://www.downtoearth.org/health/vitamins-supplements/sucralose-dangerous-sugar-substitute

Last edited:
Regular Coke out of the glass bottle beats everything. everyday.

This, and believe it or not, it's actually healthier, not healthy, and from what most people say, it's a better recipe.. since it's been around for a century. Good ol' doctor John Pemberton made it with the actual drug coke which was used for medicinal purposes. People became addicted to the product, and wanted it even when they weren't sick *go figure* and then the recipe's ingredient turned from coke to caffeine, because, I don't know, you figure it out! I learned that in a branding/marketing class at school. That and you can google it. lol

Back