QUESTION: How do you care for your Hot Toys muscular (rubber) figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use make-up brushes because they are soft and you can get them in a lot of different sizes.

I´m still deciding the best way to expose my figures (my old apartment didn´t had the space, now I have it):joy.

So far all my figures are in their boxes. I avoided the muscular body/rubber figures for a while due to the possibility of rubber cracking. But Batman "The Dark Knight" Original Costume was my breaking point, now I have 6 figures with rubber.

From what I read, the main problem is extreme posing and direct sun light.

Excelent thread btw, I would love to hear any other advice about these type of figure as well.

And the scotch tape thing is an excelent idea, I will try that when needed.:D

I've got another question.. How often should you clean/brush/air-clean your muscular/rubber figures? :)

Thanks man. I plan on just using a brand-new clean make-up brush, and go from there.

I tried using the compressed air using an old clean plastic bottle of alcohol, and squeezed air on the figures, but it "looks" as though it's not blowing away air. Is there any other type of compressed air I can use?

It doesnt really matter, it shouldnt affect them how often unless your using chemicals.

I was thinking he was talking about those compressed air canisters you use for cleaning laptops and such. They're relatively cheap, and they're all the same, it's all just air.

My Rambo III figure still has some glossy parts left on the muscle body but, i would love to gloss him up and give him the sweaty look.I doubt there is a safe way to go about this though.I know at some point i might just buy some Taiyama gloss in a can(like i used on Neca 18inch RoboCop) and apply it to my Hot Toys Dog Alien(once dome is masked over).

Does anybody have photos of these compressed air canisters, as well as the Taiyama Gloss-in-a-can? :)

I plan on looking for them at some local hardware stores.
Thanks in advance.

Back