Question for Dusty about free shipping at the 06 SDCC.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one didn't order anything at SDCC, but I do remember someone saying free shipping if I did order something. I feel for the freaks that did order something and now have to pay shipping. If it were me, I would be having a crap storm and drive over to SS HQ and tell them about it. I actually have friends who had their first SS orders at SDCC and now they are cancelling their orders because they are mad and won't be buying anymore; I tried to talk them out of it, but alas, nothing. This is a sad issue that could have been avoided......

It was free shipping on instock orders. Not orders at SDCC for PO if folks got told that info it was a mistake which happens.

Yeah sure it's an obvious mistake, but I think SS should know about. I don't want it just swept under the rug.

lcummins said:
I'll chime in on this... I was never told anything about free shipping when I placed my orders, just as Josh wasn't, so it seems to be an honest mistake. Just like the Grey Hulk PF wasn't supposed to be pre-ordered at SDCC but some mistakenly took orders for it as well. And before anyone raises the point the Sideshow honored the Hulk pre-orders so they should honor the free shipping, they had orders to verify the mistake on the Hulk... I don't know if there is any way to verify who was told they would be getting free shipping. Sorry for you guys who thought you would be getting the free shipping.
It really shouldn't matter if they can verify it or not. It is not like these people all got together just now and decided to tell Sideshow they were promised free shipping.

My response:

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I am so sorry that you received incorrect information at the show. I can advise that free shipping was not offered on any orders placed for pre-order items. The only shipping special that was offered was for free shipping on orders placed for in-stock items at the show, being shipped from our corporate offices. This information was provided on signs placed all over our both.

Me apologize if you feel that you were lied to; please know that this information was provided to you in error.

:monkey2 Oh well. Sideshow is STILL the best company in the world. Especially when it comes to Customer Service :rock

We would have addressed this with everyone sooner, but it is a bit hard to assume that you were told something in error in order to address it.
For us, the convention signage was very specific about the FREE shipping offer, which was was for IN STOCK merchandise, so people at the show did not have to carry the item with them on the convention floor or try to get it on a plane. It was also on the overhead flat screen monitors as well as being announced over the booth audio every 30 minutes. Also, physical orders eligible for the free shipping we marked accordingly with that label. This promotion did not, in anyway, extend to any of the pre-orders.

I am hoping since this is the first we are hearing of the misunderstanding and those confirming are few indeed, that the misunderstanding was isolated. I will speak to our convention staff for the next event to make sure that they are clear on the promotions and appreciate that you notified us of the potential issue.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend free shipping on any of these items. We also apologize that the Phone orders at this time are not eligible for rewards. The rewards system runs online automatically with our online store and one of the requirements is that the order needs to be generated from the software, which phone orders are not.

We are hoping to be able to allocate phone orders rewards points in the future and are currently working with our programmers on this.

Best,
Chicky

Chicky said:
We would have addressed this with everyone sooner, but it is a bit hard to assume that you were told something in error in order to address it.
For us, the convention signage was very specific about the FREE shipping offer, which was was for IN STOCK merchandise, so people at the show did not have to carry the item with them on the convention floor or try to get it on a plane. It was also on the overhead flat screen monitors as well as being announced over the booth audio every 30 minutes. Also, physical orders eligible for the free shipping we marked accordingly with that label. This promotion did not, in anyway, extend to any of the pre-orders.
Best,
Chicky
Dang, did you also tatoo that info backwards on people's foreheads so everytime they looked in the mirror they would know.:lol

I was told all the items I ordered at the SDCC had free shipping. So it wasn't isolated just to one person.

I figured the reason why phone orders did not receive reward points was to get most people to order on line.

Chicky said:

I am hoping since this is the first we are hearing of the misunderstanding and those confirming are few indeed, that the misunderstanding was isolated. I will speak to our convention staff for the next event to make sure that they are clear on the promotions and appreciate that you notified us of the potential issue.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend free shipping on any of these items. We also apologize that the Phone orders at this time are not eligible for rewards. The rewards system runs online automatically with our online store and one of the requirements is that the order needs to be generated from the software, which phone orders are not.

We are hoping to be able to allocate phone orders rewards points in the future and are currently working with our programmers on this.

Best,
Chicky

Thanks Chicky, glad both issues are being worked on for the future. SDCC was insane so misunderstandings I guess are inevidable. Hope the RP for phone orders happen soon. To a common, non-programer person like me it doesn't make since if I have an order number and it can't have points since it has a P instead of a T. I have my order, Sideshow has my order, why no points? So, I'm glad that this hopefully can work out in the future.

Back